Check program status, theta=8
Unarchive program, theta=5
Check # Lines, theta=0
Delete Line 3 twice, theta=7
Check # lines, theta=0

It seems to ignore steps 4 thru 6. :<
tifreak8x wrote:
It seems to ignore steps 4 thru 6. :<
I notice that if the program already exists, it functions significantly better. In that case, it displays 1 \ HI \ 1 \ HI HI.

Edit: Try using theta=2 instead of theta=1 to insert that first line of code. My suspicion is that theta=1 doesn't replace very well when the program has zero bytes of contents, even if that technically counts as 1 line.
I changed it to the 2, seems to work now. That just means it can't replace a line with nothing on it, right?

Also, it doesn't seem to count how many lines the last 2 times I tried to use it. It also seems to be ignoring the inserting of Pause 2. :/
:: I have added a fix for theta=1 that allows it to properly handle replacing the first line of a completely empty file. This obviates the need to change that theta=1 operation to theta=2
:: When I added Str9 as an item to be displayed with your latter two line count values, I received the error NULLVAR. Therefore, your program name got wiped out somewhere.
Hmm.. I'll look into it. I wonder if one of the options is destroying Str0, because everything is supposed to be popped back in Str9..
tifreak8x wrote:
Hmm.. I'll look into it. I wonder if one of the options is destroying Str0, because everything is supposed to be popped back in Str9..
Since error codes are always placed into Str9, perhaps one of the ZCLT2 calls is emitting an error unexpectedly?
I got to looking, apparently I typed a 0 instead of a 9. Neutral

I can has typing.
tifreak8x wrote:
I got to looking, apparently I typed a 0 instead of a 9. Neutral

I can has typing.
Yay, typing is the best! So please keep telling me about bugs that you find as you work on this (or lack of bugs, which is preferable). Smile
Sure thing.

More as a note to self, new file downloaded, need to change 2->theta to 1->theta for first placement of data to the test program, convert a few sprites over from a mario ref sheet I found, and create a quick program for that.

Of course, things aren't that glitchy on screen, but.. It does work.

I sadly didn't change things to test theta 1, I shall do that really quick.

Edit: Sadly, theta=1 does not yet work.

Edit2:

Those with a CSE, you can find and run the program from here:

http://tifreakware.net/cemetech/zclt2.zip

Would be great to get your thoughts.
Looks great! Silly jsTIfied needs to fix up its screenshotting abilities. Razz

Quote:
Edit: Sadly, theta=1 does not yet work.
Can you please clarify?
It ignored it completely, didn't paste anything to the program when run.
tifreak8x wrote:
It ignored it completely, didn't paste anything to the program when run.
Under what conditions did you use it? Pasting to an empty program? What error message did it emit?
Look back to the previous time I used theta=1, it's the same spot.

And I didn't check for error codes yet, I'll have to see if it spits one back out afterwhile.
Oh! What's the possibility of having theta=10 or whatever the next number would be, could we have it gather a list of all programs that are in the VAT, and drop the names in a list, with something to separate one name from another, like a + or something?

Edit:

For theta=8, can we get rid of the 2nd character return that does either visible or hidden, and replace that with Asm or Basic? I have an idea for something, but it kind of hinges on whether we can make that kind of change or not.
Did a test on theta=1; kicks back a null line error.
tifreak8x wrote:
Did a test on theta=1; kicks back a null line error.
And that's inserting contents on the first line of a 0-byte file, correct? Can you please check the exact size (oncalc or oncomp) of the ZCLT2 program?
1,571 bytes, and yes, that was trying to dump info to an empty, freshly created program.
tifreak8x wrote:
1,571 bytes, and yes, that was trying to dump info to an empty, freshly created program.
You're running an old version. The one I patched for theta=1 is 1,587 bytes on-calc (from the Mem menu, that is).

Edit: Here's the screenshot I have of your sprite test running:
Here is what I am getting:

From start to exiting:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/misc/MVI_0119.MOV

Hopefully the quality is good enough to view for you to see what I am seeing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours