This is awesome. I was starting to think what made DCS better than other shells (I know, it's blasphemy Smile ) and an App with a lot more features will definitely give it a competitive edge. I'll beta test this one for sure.
Awesomeness. Lemme iron out the bugs from moving to an app (and it hasn't crashed once! only frozen a single time) and I should have you guys an early beta of 5.5 by Friday.
KermMartian wrote:
but of course! I most certainly am!

lol, just makin sure. Very Happy

KermMartian wrote:
Awesomeness. Lemme iron out the bugs from moving to an app (and it hasn't crashed once! only frozen a single time) and I should have you guys an early beta of 5.5 by Friday.

Well, I can't wait to see what kind of awesomeness you will be bringing to the app. Smile I hope you will still make a title screen that comes up every startup, not just the first go...
Yea, just store to Offscript right? Good luck with the App Kerm Good Idea

What are these new features that will be in the App???
Yeah, definitely. I'll probably make that the splashscreen while its loading calcNet stufss.
KermMartian wrote:

I can't wait. This new App version, will it make more libraries available to the programmer? If it does, then I would like some explanations so I can make some sample programs using the new libs, so I can do more thorough bug testing.
It most certainly will! Stuff like:
(ion libs: Cool
(dcs libs from 5.0: Cool
(gui stack stuff: at least 5)
(CALCnet: probably at least Cool

Edit:
BASIC subprogs: tested, working
BASIC autoarc/unarc: tested, working
Scrolling: tested, buggy
Manual Program Deletion: retested, fixed
Manual Arc/unarc: retested, fixed
Cut/Copy/Ren/Paste: retested, fixed
Ion programs: untested
DCS programs: untested
BASIC programs: tested, working
Folder creation: tested, working
So I take it you found that one pesky error. I hope you find out what was wrong with the scrolling. I remember an older version of Doors had fine scrolling. I guess you "optomized it" and in the process screwed it up Laughing Just Joking
Exactly, I optimized the PrevScroll table to take up half the amount of memory. Smile
Ill test some DCS and Ion programs on it for u.

Aren't ion and dcs libs already available to use on it?
? What do you mean? Yes, it contains the libs, but no, so far they have not been enabled since I need to learn how to bcall into an app.
Any chance for BASIC progs to use DCS built in routines, like the options provided by Codex and Resource???
We'll see. It's possible (fairly easily), but I don't know if I want to break compatibility with the regular TI-OS.

Edit:
when was the last time someone called you a genius?

Genius...
Laughing Thank you muchly. I now got it to close smoothly; I think I'll do the Ion routine porting, then start on the GUIStack stuff.
I love that menu.
I'm glad that I was able to make it look just like the mockup screenies I drew, too. Let's see how far I can get today with the Ion lib stuff.
Lookin good! How much of that menu works?

Edit:

Lookin at the bottom button, it looks like the Star Trek Badge... Razz
I think you should change the calc smiley to have dcs on the screen instead of a graph
@elfprince: lol, good idea
@Dan: none of it yet. I have to write the GUIStack routines before I can make it work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours