Hey Guys!

i´d like to upgrade my fx-9750GII to a fx-9860. I´ve all programs that i need to perform this but i do not have the fx-9860.fls file for the flashing process. Who of you own this file and can send it to me?

Thanks for your help!

M.
MB-Tech, welcome to Cemetech.

Sadly I don't think many here are familiar with the FX-9XXX series calculators, most of us only have the FX-CG10/20. You may have better luck finding someone who has that file on one of the more Casio specific sites.

That said, I have a feeling that the particular flash file you are looking for is copyright Casio and not legal to redistribute. While Casio may not be as strict as TI when it comes to these things we would ask if you refrained from requesting the distribution of copyrighted content on Cemetech unless you know it is legal to do so.
Based on this YouTube video, it seems that the file was illicitly created from one of Casio's OS upgrades and stored on Omnimaga's now-defunct wiki about Casio calculators (which, by they way, I didn't notice they had closed). Luckily WikiPrizm is still alive and kicking. Anyway, we have stricter policies on hosting illicit copyrighted content than some other community websites, and I'm afraid unless Google can help you find that file, there's not a lot we can do to help. Needless to say, Casio doesn't intended for the fx-9750 series to be upgradeable to the fx-9860 series.
KermMartian wrote:
(which, by they way, I didn't notice they had closed).
Our hosting disappeared, so the site went offline unexpectedly. There are no up-to-date backups. Pretty much all of its Prizm information is also available on WikiPrizm, but I don't think the older calcs had as much luck.
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
(which, by they way, I didn't notice they had closed).
Our hosting disappeared, so the site went offline unexpectedly. There are no up-to-date backups. Pretty much all of its Prizm information is also available on WikiPrizm, but I don't think the older calcs had as much luck.

This wiki seems to have quite a bit of info on the old calcs...
http://wiki.planet-casio.com/en/Main_Page

EDIT:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120426023101/http://prizmwiki.omnimaga.org/wiki/Main_Page
Yeah the wiki was on 57o9, but 57o9's hosting went in the same direction as Jatol, disappearing entirely with no way to contact them. And now Juju has no money to pay another (no job), so the wiki is most likely done for an undefined amount of time.
DJ_O wrote:
Yeah the wiki was on 57o9, but 57o9's hosting went in the same direction as Jatol, disappearing entirely with no way to contact them. And now Juju has no money to pay another (no job), so the wiki is most likely done for an undefined amount of time.
That's sad to hear. Sad Although I wasn't crazy about the Simon-style numeric delineation of Prizm syscall documentation, I did like the information on the other Casio calculators there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours