» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
o355 wrote:
Found a few things out about the SparseWorld dynmap as I tried to access it and it was not the happiest experience. By default, the spawn is a negative x coordinate, instead of a positive y coordinate, and when manually entering the coordinates, the area is completely black.
It's under active development, that's why it's black. I use that as a test server, and I may make it private to prevent that sort of confusion. I think you mean negative Y coordinate, and there's a good reason: In Minecraft, negative Z is north and positive Z is south. I'm working on a demo in the northern hemisphere, where positive UTM coordinates are north, so I just negate the coordinates to prevent the area from occurring upside down.

Quote:
It'd be cool to see NYC from overhead, just some bug fixes need to occur Smile
The server is now something of a test area for a private project, so I should probably separate it out and make it not publicly-accessible for this portion of the project (while keeping the old SparseWorld Dynmap visible for curious visitors). Smile
Hello again,
Sorry I have not emailed you yet, things have been quite crazy for me, applying to colleges and getting my decisions.
I definitely want to talk to you, maybe in a few days later this week would work?
Also, currently, as a side project, I'm working on generating a monotone model of Boston/Chicago or maybe part of New York (a group in Brooklyn might do a project similar to mine) from LIDAR models.
I thought you might find that interesting.
Thanks
zev613 wrote:
I definitely want to talk to you, maybe in a few days later this week would work?
Sure, keep me posted.
Quote:
Also, currently, as a side project, I'm working on generating a monotone model of Boston/Chicago or maybe part of New York (a group in Brooklyn might do a project similar to mine) from LIDAR models.
Cool, can you tell me more about that extension of the project, as well as the group considering something similar?
Definitely. I also just finally got an actual license for the software I used for LIDAR/.LAS conversion, so I'll be able to do a lot more of that from now on.
zev613 wrote:
Definitely. I also just finally got an actual license for the software I used for LIDAR/.LAS conversion, so I'll be able to do a lot more of that from now on.
That's great to hear! Are you using one of the LASTools components, or did someone roll their own software based on LASLib? Have you found sufficient sources for your LiDAR data from the USGS and others?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours