Haha! I finally found the reigster button!

Hey Kerm, I'm interested in helping out with the C++ part of the dcsLink Project. But I need some more info...
Awesome, and welcome to Cemetech. The dcsLink project has now been merged into gCn, a component of dcs6. And yes, I need to fix that register link color. :/
Ok, how about a brief overview of what all dCS can do? I'm not a calc programmer, so I'm kinda in the dark on most of what's going on...
look in the GCN forum section.

Not much work is being done, as there is currently no calc side, but there are a couple demo GCN computer clients (no calc link support, just able to connect to the server)
Also, I just began to app DCS6!!
OK, Doors CS (DCS) is basically a shell and GUI (think windows). You can see the whole history at http://doorscs.cemetech.net . So far it's been BASIC and then ASM as a program; now I'm turning it into an App/
KermMartian wrote:
Also, I just began to app DCS6!!

i thought DCS5.5 was going to be the first app'd version?
Erm, yeah, that's what I meant. specifically, I have begun to app 5.4 into the 5.5 app, which will eventually lead to the 6.0 app. Smile

Code:
;****************************************************************************************************
;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7    7MMMMMMMMMMMMM7   +7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7 MMMM
;MMMMMMMMMMMM,   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM=    7MMM7     MMMMMM    NMMI    MMMMMMMMMMMM     7MMMM
;MMMMMMMMMMM      ?MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMM    +MMMMMMMMMM   NMMMMMMMMMM,  MMMMN  7MMMMMMM,  MMMMMMMMMZ   MMMMMMMMM
;MMMMMMMMM=         MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMM    MMMMMMMMMMMMO  MMM8  IMMMMMMMMZ  MMMMMMMM   8MMMMMMMMMM
;MMMMMMMN     MM?    ?MMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMM   $MMMMMMMMMMMMMM  MMM   7MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMD   MMMMMMMMMMMM
;MMMMMM     MMMMMM     MMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMM    MMM$   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM    NMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+   MMMMMMMMMMMMM
;MMMMN     MMMMMMMM?    +MMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMM7   MMM   ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMO    ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
;MMM     MMMMMMMMMMMM     MMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ZM+   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM      7MMMMMMMMMM    7       =MMMMM
;MO    7MMMMM   OMMMMM?    $MMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ?M    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:        MMMMMM+    +7MM7     DMMM
;M?   MMMMMM     ?MMMMMM   OMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ?M    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?       DMMM    MMMMMMMM    :MM
;MMMMMMMMM=        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   OM=   ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$     $MM    MMMMMMMMM    MM
;MMMMMMMN     MM    .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMMM   MMM    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMD    MM    MMMMMMMMM7   MM
;MMMMMM     MMMMM     MMMMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMM$   MMM7   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ   7M    MMMMMMMMMD   MM
;MMMMN     MMMMMMMM    .MMMMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMMM   MMMMM    NMMMMMMMMMMMMM  MMM: 7MMMMMMMMMM   8M,   NMMMMMMMMO   MM
;MMM     MMMMMMMMMMM?    +MMMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMMMM   NMMMMMM    DMMMMMMMMMMM8  MMM:  MMMMMMMMMN  ,MMM    MMMMMMMM    MM
;M+    7MMMMMMMMMMMMMM    .MMMMMMMMM=   MMMMMMMMMN   +MMMMMMMMMN    MMMMMMMMMM:  MMM:  MMMMMMMMM   MMMMM   ~MMMMMM:  +MMM
;M    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?   MMMMMZ                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM     7MMMZI    MMM:   =NMM7,   MMMMMMMMO   :8M?   MMMMM
;MM?7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM8MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7    :7MMMMMMMMMMZ7   77MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$   7MMMMMMMM
;*                               Version 5.4.0
;*                                 TI-83+ Edition
;*                                 By Kerm Martian
;*                              admin@cemetech.net
;*                              http://www.Cemetech.net
;****************************************************************************************************
;*                                   Build 5.5.0.1
;*                           Compiled March 7, 2006
Ok, read up on it. So, the computer client is gonna need to be able to link to the calc, and then up/download files/folders, and change themes and such, right? Any other special features that you've been thinking about for it? Maybe program emulation on the computer?

I don't know for sure, but I bet there's a way to export info from the calc and draw it straight to your computer monitor. I haven't done any programming for comp-calc connections before, so it might take me awhile to see if it's possible. If it is, you'd prolly have to make a proggy for the calc to do the exporting.
There is indeed a way, and Kllrnohj and elfprince have begun to work on it. The key is something called TiLP.
Kerm, JincS is a fairly compentnet guy at what he does. If he wasn't he wouldn't have a subdomain on my site. Nice to see you here, JincS. I hope you can be very helpful on this (/me wonders if he clicked on of my links to get here)
Aye, then I hope he can help too. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
There is indeed a way, and Kllrnohj and elfprince have begun to work on it. The key is something called TiLP.

actually, i think it might (haven't looked into it yet) be easier to use the silverlink driver directly, rather than going through tilp...

http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_usb/
Yeah, but we want to accomodate those using the parallel/serial links and the direct USB cable.
This is slightly offtopic, but Cemetech definitely needs a CVS is this project is going to happen.
el oh el. How would I got about that?

Doors CS is now a semiworking app! Everything except running programs works!

[!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!]
KermMartian wrote:
direct USB cable.

thats provided in the silverlink driver project Wink (someone didn't click the linky Very Happy )
KermMartian wrote:
parallel/serial links

Smile
KermMartian wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
parallel/serial links

Smile

1 word:

obsolete Laughing

(when even DELLS stops shipping with parallel and serial plugs, me thinks its time for anyone using em to upgrade...)
I use the serial link.
KermMartian wrote:
I use the serial link.

...and you needed to upgrade Laughing (hence the tablet Wink )

I thought you had a silver link?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours