I've decided to do this for a few reasons:

1. The Wii homebrew scene died down considerably and there isn't as much documentation in the Wii scene or community to enjoy while CemeTech, TICalc, TIPlanet and many others are very active.

2. TI homebrew is portable and infinitely more convenient.

3. The calculators are also more suited for more than games (practical applications) while the Wii would have pretty much been an end in itself and it doesn't really translate to real world application besides game development. The Wii also already has retail games, so why wouldn't I just play Super Mario Galaxy.?

4. Tell me if I missed any in the comments, because I'm sure I did Laughing

Edit: I didn’t like the name A_VERY_Good_Sir, so I’ve made a new account called “Stack_Exception(al)”
Creating games and applications on the CE is certainly something we can support!

Both platforms are markedly different however - did you have something in mind?
Do you care to explain what you want to accomplish? And also how experienced are you at ez80? All homebrew did on the Wii was add an extra channel that allowed you to screw around with the OS and add things to it. TI-84+CE is already unlocked like that. You don't really need a homebrew application for that. In any case that is what arTIfice did when the re-unlocked assembly programming on the calc.
Have you tried out the CE C Toolchain?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Have you tried out the CE C Toolchain?

Yep. I love it.
NonstickAtom785 wrote:
Do you care to explain what you want to accomplish? And also how experienced are you at ez80? All homebrew did on the Wii was add an extra channel that allowed you to screw around with the OS and add things to it. TI-84+CE is already unlocked like that. You don't really need a homebrew application for that. In any case that is what arTIfice did when the re-unlocked assembly programming on the calc.

That's quite the understatement- Wii Homebrew goes far beyond the Homebrew Channel.

I'm not sure if I agree that the calc scene is more active than the wii scene- maybe in terms of amount of software developed, but ironically despite the userbase the audience for Calculator programs is somewhat small these days as the general public continues to lose interest in traditional calculators in favor of stuff like Desmos.

I do support contributing to the scene though.
Oxiti8 wrote:
NonstickAtom785 wrote:

That's quite the understatement- Wii Homebrew goes far beyond the Homebrew Channel.

I'm not sure if I agree that the calc scene is more active than the wii scene- maybe in terms of amount of software developed, but ironically despite the userbase the audience for Calculator programs is somewhat small these days as the general public continues to lose interest in traditional calculators in favor of stuff like Desmos.

I do support contributing to the scene though.

Desmos is crap. But I do know what you were talking about. I've done a lot of things on my Wii. (I was rushing to post. I didn't really take my time. Razz)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours