Well, you're lucky, I've basically translated in English my changelog-gathering post here: https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18659&p=206716#p206711
A more detailed/complete news article with screenshots is being written now, too.
Basically, changes/additions to math related features, programming features (Innovator stuff, but also some light changes in the editor), new general commands, etc.

I'm surprised by the About menu, it's quite ugly now - I may even guess they forgot to change it back to a production-looking one after the testing phase, it looks like a dev one.
Is this a bug?

OS 5.2
I think I found a tiny little bug (nothing to go crazy over), but basically, when running a program that uses the send/get/getcalc commands, I seem to get some cursors remaining on the homescreen like this:

EDIT: This bug has become a bit more substantial. For some reason, this program causes junk to be drawn onto the homescreen.

Code:
2→A
GetCalc(A
e(A=π)+π(A≠π→A
10→Ymax:0→Ymin
7→Xmax:-7→Xmin
For(A,-5,5
Line(A,0,A,8
Line(-5,A+3,5,A+3
End

In between every two line commands (presumably when the For loop is doing its loopy thing) the program switches to the homescreen, draws a little square at the cursor position (without moving the cursor forward), and then goes back to the graphscreen to draw two more lines. Sometimes, the graphscreen will be copied to the homescreen and when the program terminates, you end up with half a graphscreen drawn on the top part of the homescreen over your usual Done message. I tried the same code on the ti-84 plus SE, and this does not happen, as far as I know, this is only on the CE. I suspect the GetCalc() command is at play here because removing that line causes the program to run fine.
How to crash your OS >5.1 CE in 3 lines of TI-BASIC:

Code:
{i→L1
0→dim(L1
L1

This should cause an INVALID DIMENSION error, but it doesn't. It just crashes.

This also becomes annoying, because the latest calcs come preloaded with a downgrade protection mechanism that prevents downgrading below this.
I have a bug!

I have nearly 300 programs on my calculator, and it struggles when I try and scroll down the list. If I try and scroll down past halfway, it bumps me back to the top of the list. I can get back to the bottom half using [Alpha][T] as the start of the section of programs that begin with "T" are below halfway. Once I'm there, the numbers (0-9) appear, although they don't work. If I go to the glitched "1", it bumps me back to above the halfway mark. If I scroll to the bottom, it bumps me back to the top of the bottom half. I'll try and get screenies, as this is confusing, but mobile Sad
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I have a bug!

I have nearly 300 programs on my calculator, and it struggles when I try and scroll down the list. If I try and scroll down past halfway, it bumps me back to the top of the list. I can get back to the bottom half using [Alpha][T] as the start of the section of programs that begin with "T" are below halfway. Once I'm there, the numbers (0-9) appear, although they don't work. If I go to the glitched "1", it bumps me back to above the halfway mark. If I scroll to the bottom, it bumps me back to the top of the bottom half. I'll try and get screenies, as this is confusing, but mobile Sad

Solution: remove ~300 programs Razz
or install Cesium, it has a nice search function.

I have a rare bug that's hard to reproduce, it only happens occasionally. But sometimes the screen scales everything up by 100x like this.
I've fixed that dimension error bug! With OS 5.2.2.0043, at address $087561 (sorry, there is no label near it), there is a "dec hl \ ld a, h \ or a, l \ jr nz, $-E0", however, HL starts with 0 the first time it loops, so it first sets HL to $FFFFFF, and thus this routine will loop $FFFF times. Placing the "dec hl" after the "ld a, h \ ld a, l" would fix it Smile
Hehe, I've patched the OS and fixed it! Razz

(Hope I didn't break anything else)
PT_ wrote:
Hehe, I've patched the OS and fixed it! Razz

(Hope I didn't break anything else)

You and your OS patches Razz
Yep, I did break 'something': any complex list now returns 0 -_-

(14:58:04) Wistaro: You've suceeded to convert imaginary into void. Congrats Very Happy
TheLastMillennial wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I have a bug!

Solution: remove ~300 programs Razz
or install Cesium, it has a nice search function.

I have a rare bug that's hard to reproduce, it only happens occasionally. But sometimes the screen scales everything up by 100x like [url=https://1drv.ms/i/s!Al_ZukYl7XyyhUPD4dT7YWmXe9jd]this.[/url]

Just run Cesium and exit. That bug is the result of asm programs setting the palette to 8bpp/ half-res mode and forgetting to reset it to 16bpp, the OS default. I'll bet somebody can give a better explanation, because as I said in my intro post, I don't know much asm or much about asm. Hope this post isn't too old...
Yes, even after 5 months, I did figure out how to get it back. Razz
I hope this doesn't sound harsh, but maybe you should focus on issues that are a little more recent rather than issues that are months old. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I hope this doesn't sound harsh, but maybe you should focus on issues that are a little more recent rather than issues that are months old. Smile

Well, on mobile when I’m holding my iPhone 5 running the most recent version of Safari on iOS 11, it doesn’t show dates. I think that’s intentional, though.

There also wasn’t a posted solution.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

Well, on mobile when I’m holding my iPhone 5 running the most recent version of Safari on iOS 11, it doesn’t show dates. I think that’s intentional, though.

The mobile site doesnt show them, not a bug, just the way things are...
This should definitely not be going in the cse os bugs section.
mr womp womp wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

The mobile site doesnt show them, not a bug, just the way things are...
This should definitely not be going in the cse os bugs section.

I wasn’t calling it a bug; I was merely explaining why his post was somewhat reasonable.
I do not know if this is a bug or just my calculator, but on my ti 84 pce, trying to graph x! does not work. Graphing Calculator It just graphs one point, even though the table is correct. Any ideas? Smile
Legoman314 wrote:
I do not know if this is a bug or just my calculator, but on my ti 84 pce, trying to graph x! does not work. Graphing Calculator It just graphs one point, even though the table is correct. Any ideas? Smile

Did you make sure your window dimensions are correct?
Did you even look at mr womp womps response?
mr womp womp wrote:
Legoman314 wrote:
I know that this is off topic, but on my ti 84 pce, trying to graphs x! does not work.Graphing Calculator It just graphs one point, even though the table is correct. Any ideas? Sad

As for your issue, sounds like someone is in plot mode Razz
If this is the case, which I strongly suspect, then just run PlotsOff on your home screen, and you should be good to go Smile

If you don't care about your current settings, you can reset them to default by doing [2nd]>[+]>[7]>[2]>[2] It wont affect your programs.
As a matter of fact, I did. I did not work, though. Sad
That is because you can only take the factorial of integers, so you will only see some points (if you can see them with the current window) and not a line.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours