I found this bug while I was solving for all possible values of (1)^(1/5):

It should have displayed -0.8090169944 - 0.5877852523i, but with the added 0s before decimal points, the i was not included.
Turns out this is not a bug, actually. While you can scroll the result line just after the calculation itself, you just can't scroll it anymore if you move up/down in the history or do another calculation.

But that last part has become problematic recently indeed since now you just can't see the 'i' anymore because of the added '0'.
The only way to see the full result is to go to the last and press [Enter] on it, but that is less than practical...

I've reported the issue to TI directly (crediting you) - good find, hopefully they'll do something about it Smile
Honestly, I don't believe there is any reason to having a leading zero - other than adding to the confusion. You have always needed to scroll to see the full result:

TI just has to allow scrolling results in the history (and with an "unfinished line" indicator if needed)
Adriweb wrote:
Turns out this is not a bug, actually. While you can scroll the result line just after the calculation itself, you just can't scroll it anymore if you move up/down in the history or do another calculation.

But that last part has become problematic recently indeed since now you just can't see the 'i' anymore because of the added '0'.
The only way to see the full result is to go to the last and press [Enter] on it, but that is less than practical...

I've reported the issue to TI directly (crediting you) - good find, hopefully they'll do something about it Smile

Oh I just noticed that I could have scrolled after entering it. I hadn't realized it until I was copying down my answers, and by then I had entered other things. But I agree that the extra 0 is totally useless--I never write the extra 0. And being able to scroll while in the history would be nice.
So, TI replied (with nice details and screenshots!) a few days ago, giving tricks to workaround the issue. But maybe one day it'll get fixed properly (as in, add the suggestions I've mentioned earlier Razz)

So this is a 4.0 bug, but not a 5.1 problem. Not sure where it was fixed in the interim.

I have the following BASIC snippet:

Code:
seq((L2(I)=L2(I+1))(4+I-L2(I))+(L2(I)!=L2(I+1))(1+L2(I)),I,1,8)

When executed from the homescreen, it runs fine. When run as a line in a BASIC program where any preceding line stores to a list u(nMin), then a syntax error appears on the seq() line, referencing the ) on the first L2(I).
Scrolling up to get to the bottom of a long list causes problems on OS 5.1.5:

jonbush wrote:
Scrolling up to get to the bottom of a long list causes problems on OS 5.1.5:

Haha nice - reported to TI as well Smile
Ok so I discovered that on a ti 84 plus CE running OS 5.1.5 , pressing alpha lock (lowercase must be on) and then holding the left arrow key causes the calculator to type tan( until the left arrow key is released. This happens anywhere lowercase alpha lock is enabled. Here's a video of the bug in action.

View My Video
Henryd wrote:
Ok so I discovered that on a ti 84 plus CE running OS 5.1.5 , pressing alpha lock (lowercase must be on) and then holding the left arrow key causes the calculator to type tan( until the left arrow key is released. This happens anywhere lowercase alpha lock is enabled. Here's a video of the bug in action.

View My Video

I can't replicate it
Found a bug in OS 5.1.5 in which when transferring lots of .8eu files, a white box will randomly appear in the top left corner.

I'll get a GIF or video of it in action soon.
PT_ wrote:
Henryd wrote:

View My Video

I can't replicate it

Yeah I can't either.
Maybe some hooks (from Phasm, Cesium, etc.?) went awry?
Adriweb wrote:
PT_ wrote:
Henryd wrote:

View My Video

I can't replicate it

Yeah I can't either.
Maybe some hooks (from Phasm, Cesium, etc.?) went awry?

I would have to agree.. It won't do it after I cleared the ram so I'll try to replicate it.. I would say that your right about the hooks, although phasm was not running at the time.
My TI-84+CE crashed. I was trying to create a new program while i had Phasm online (don't know if that mattered). I pressed PRGM and entered the name of the program, pressed enter, and the calculator said syntax error. I tried again, and when i selected quit on the error menu (that was the only option) and the screen got dark, then brightened and i expected it to say RAM cleared, but the screen was all white with a wierd looking purple/green-ish pixelated bar running across the bottom. The bar slowly faded to white moving from the left of the screen to the right. I pressed the reset button, and the same thing happened, except the bar was taller. I pressed reset again and the bar was extremely short. when i pressed reset yet again, the screen turned white, then blinked off and on slowly. Whenever i press reset, it cycles between showing the three differently sized bars and blinking on and off at different speeds. Also, the computer won't reckognize it, so i can't re-install the OS. And taking out the battery has the same effect as pressing reset. :,(
While holding the [2nd] [Del] keys down, press and release the RESET button on the back of the calculator. When the screen turns on, release the [2nd] and [Del] keys. Then the computer will recognize your calculator and you'll be able to use it after you reinstall the os (available from TI's website ) I had the exact same problem and this worked to fix it I hope it works for you too Smile
I've had this happen to me as well, but I had to press clear on the OS send screen and erase all of my data (apps, programs, everything) before I could use it again.
Deleting the storage worked, i just didn't want to do that before.
Among other things, "Setting 0→Ymin:1→ΔY incorrectly sets Ymax to 165 instead of 164" has been fixed in 5.2, btw (I can finally talk about it, phew Razz)

More than "just" TI-Innovator related stuff, in this version, it's nice Smile
Adriweb wrote:
Among other things, "Setting 0→Ymin:1→ΔY incorrectly sets Ymax to 165 instead of 164" has been fixed in 5.2, btw (I can finally talk about it, phew Razz)
I was repeatedly told that that was intended behavior, not a bug. Neutral

Quote:
More than "just" TI-Innovator related stuff, in this version, it's nice Smile
What else, other than the new TI-BASIC commands that we were asked to not discuss?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours