So, I'm devoting a bit of time to making this program more amazing for the 73, 82, 83 and 83+, and to lay the ground work for the 84+CSE.

I'm currently working on the 83+ version, and the new temperature conversions are put in, as suggested by comicIdiot.

Basically, you enter your value, and then select the conversion type. Then, say for temps, you have

F>
C>
K>
R>

When you click on F, it gives you the other three.

I'm working on pressures, now, and need to get them put in using the same format as above. I have information from 2 links, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure and http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Pressure_Conversion_Table . Just trying to see if anyone else has suggestions on what should be included, what I can ignore, etc. Smile

So for pressure, I have the options of:

Pa
bar
at
atm
Torr
psi

I will see about adding these in and will check back if anyone else has anymore that I should add to the pressure section of the conversions Smile

Edit:

All pressure equations listed above have been added. Now I'm working on the Speed equations, but having issues finding a good table that shows common speeds and how to equate the conversions. Anyone want to help me locate this please?

:

MPH to KPH: 1 mph = 1.609344 kph

KPH to MPH: 1 kilometre = 0.621371192 miles

There're those. Got any others?

http://www.sutron.com/pdfs/Conversions&Calculations.pdf Found a few there, plus it does lengths and distances! Very Happy
Alright, working from the original program, I have the following categories with subcategories programmed in:

Length
    ft►
    in►
    yd►
    mi►
    cm►
    m►
    km►
    nmk►
    lea►
    fur►
    ftm►
    ly►
    lm►
    ls►

Area

cm²►
    ft²►
    in²►
    km²►
    m²►
    mile²►
    mm²►
    yd²►

Volume
    Liter►
    cu cm►
    cu m►
    gal►
    cu in►
    cu ft►
    quart►
    pint►
    ounce►
    cup►

Weight/Mass
    CD►
    g►
    kg►
    oz►
    lb►
    US Ton►
    Tonne►
    Stone►
    UK Ton►

Energy/Work
    J►
    EV►
    KWH►
    BTU►
    KCAL►
    ERG►
    TNT►

Speed
    m/s►
    kph►
    ft/s►
    mph►
    knot►
    c►

Pressure
    psi►
    bar►
    Pa►
    at►
    atm►
    Torr►

Temperature
    °F►
    °C►
    K►
    °R►

Time
    ns►
    us►
    ms►
    s►
    m►
    hr►
    d►
    w►
    fn►
    mo►
    yr►
    decade►
    century►
    millenium►

Torque
    NM►
    LB FT►
    LB IN►
    OZ IN►

Conversions currently implemented: 708

I'm curious if anyone here has additional conversions they think I should have for the sections I have listed as completed above? And so you know, say you have the value 42, and you select F>, you'll get a screen that is like:

Code:
Fahrenheit:
>°C: 6
>K: 279
>°R: 502

This was done on the suggestion of comic, to help make the interface a little nicer and cleaner looking.
Thoughts?
I think that showing a list of the conversions is a good idea. Are you rounding the values? I think 0C = 273.15K.

Here is what my TI-89 has:
Length:
_Ang (no clue)
_au (astronomical unit)
_cm
_fath (fathom?)
_fm (no clue)
_ft
_in
_km
_ltyr
_mi
_mil
_mm
_Nmi
_pc
_rod
_yd
Area:
_acre
_ha (?)
Volume:
_cip
_floz
_flozUK
_gal
_galUK
_l
_ml
_pt
_qt
_tbsp
_tsp
Time:
_day
_hr
_min
_ms
_ns
_s
_week
_yr
Velocity:
_knot
_kph
_mph
Temperature
Kelvin, Fahrenheit, Celsius, Rankin (I think that is what R stands for)

Okay, there a bazillion other categories, so I will give the categories as opposed to the units:
Luminous intensity
Amount of Subsrtance
Mass
Force
Energy
Power
Pressure
Viscosity (Kinematic)
Viscosity (Dynamic)
Frequency
Electric Current
Charge
Potential
Resistance
Conductance
Capacitance
Magnetic Field Strength
Magnetic Flux Density
Magnetic Flux
Inductance

As a note, I really don't think you need most of these XD
That's definitely a lot of them, there Smile And yes, °R was for Rankin Smile

Any of these you think I need to add to my current list?

And yes, it will round based on what the user selects at the beginning. 0-8 digits.
So, here is a screenshot showing what the old version looked like:

This is how the set up looks now:

Noticing of the differences:

1) New version only has one program to run everything, not 4 like the old one.

2) got rid of the picture variable for something much simpler.

3) I think it runs just a tiny bit faster Very Happy

4) got rid of all them silly borders surrounding things. While they added to the looks, they were ultimately a waste of space, since the new setup would require that for every answer, and just.. no.

Thoughts? Comments most appreciated.
It definitely still looks nice and it is straightforward. I don't think you need to add in anything more than what you have, either. Maybe if you are bored you can work on the miscellaneous stuff, though XD
Thanks Very Happy I'll keep updating the list up above with things that get programmed in, so hopefully if I miss something that might be important, someone can poke me and I can get it added Smile
Have you mocked up any screenshots of what the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition version of TIFC will look like in MSPaint yet, tifreak8x? Are you planning on doing anything particularly clever with the ability to use color?
Thank you Kerm, for the quick screenshot of the graph screen so I could make these up real quick:

Rough guestimate of what it might look like and the colors available, and based on what Kerm told me was the placement of lettering and such. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate this fully on the 84+c when I get one.
Looking good, tifreak8x! I like the idea of combining the large font for headers and titles with the small font for menu items; I think I'll explore that technique in some of my own ports. I certainly have plenty of things I'll need to port over. By the way, since you listed out all the different conversion types that you'll be doing, does that mean this version will have more conversion options than the original TIFC suite?
Very much so! I was basing what conversions I had on a list I had gotten from college. Now that I have easier access to the internet, I can look up many more conversions that I didn't know about. Before, there was only °F>°C and °C>°F, but now it does °R and °K as well! Plus I've expanded the pressures list significantly. This program is going to be a little bit bigger, as it will be packed with more information, but it's going to just be 1 program and shy away from the 4 programs and a picture it used to be.
I've added a few of the different Speed conversions, as per found in the Sutron pdf linked above. I think it covers the most important ones, at any rate. I also updated the post above with the list of conversions, and made it 'pretty'.
Are you going to try to add in kinematics solving, or just keep with conversions? ^^
I have no idea what that is. lol I'll have to look it up and see what it is/does. :p
Oh, basically if you provide the right information about some physicsy things, it can solve for a bunch of other things. Kind of like how providing the write info about a triangle allows you to solve for all of the side lengths and angles.
Yeah, I found that through http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/1DKin/u1l6b.cfm

It might be inspiration to work on another educational type program in the future Smile Once I get TIFC working across the board, gonna have to get back ti pokemon Wink

But sadly, I wouldn't be able to add it to TIFC on the basis that you enter in a single value, and everyone of the equations works based on that one variable. The kinematic stuff looks like it'd take several.
http://www.asknumbers.com/WeightConversion.aspx

At the bottom of this page is a list of conversions.

There are

Carat
    Gram
    Kilogram
    Ounce
    Pound
    Ton
    Tonne

Out of those, what should I make sure to include, what should I ignore. And from this list, what else do I need to add? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ and http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/science/metric-weight-conversion.htm seem to have adequate resources for some things. There doesn't seem to be good charts for this stuff, only online calculators. :/

Edit:

Dropping Milligrams, don't think it's that important. Unless it is, then that would mean I'd need to be able to show for all the variations of 'gram'. :/
Definitely include grams, kilograms, ounces, and pounds. Carats or tons may come in handy sometimes, but I don't think many people use stones nowadays.
Alright, seems to have some others thinking the same, so stones will be dropped. Anything I should replace it with? Going to update the list now.
Added all the conversions for Weight I had. Going to work on Volume and Length next.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours