KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Yep, that's the issue. Firefox seems to handle it okay, though. Or it did, have not tried it again today.
I believe I have created a workaround for this. Please test it.

Please feel free to bug me about it later today, so I don't forget! Smile

Seems it works, good sir! Thanks a ton for getting that fixed! Smile
Excellent, thank you for testing. Smile Please let me know about any and all bugs that you discover, of course, and I'll do my best to get them fixed.
*bump* Improved color fidelity for TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition screenshots, at the expense of screenshot size. Animated screenshots are now bound to the emulated calculator's CPU rather than the browser's clock, so screenshots should run at roughly a physical calculator's speed regardless of any jsTIfied lag.
Could we have the lower-size screenshot option as well?
blue_bear_94 wrote:
Could we have the lower-size screenshot option as well?
You mean like 96x64 screenshots instead of the 200%-scaled screenshots? No one has ever requested that before; I can't say that's something I thought people wanted.
I prefer them to be bigger so people can see the details of my work.

Jstified silliness: If I press capslock, it seems to indicate the key value for the calc is 34. Every time I press capslock, the cursor on the screen goes down. lol
KermMartian wrote:
Unfortunately, beyond emulating the LCD (which was a pain in the neck, because it has 8 rather confusing auto-increment modes, according to the datasheet), I also had to write some compression for storing calculator state in DOM storage. It turns out that Chrome is particularly miserly about LocalStorage space, and I was surprised to read that the developers wish they didn't even have to support the feature.

I know this is really late, but couldn't you also use an HTML5 filesystem? That would allow you to request more storage if necessary.
ajcord wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Unfortunately, beyond emulating the LCD (which was a pain in the neck, because it has 8 rather confusing auto-increment modes, according to the datasheet), I also had to write some compression for storing calculator state in DOM storage. It turns out that Chrome is particularly miserly about LocalStorage space, and I was surprised to read that the developers wish they didn't even have to support the feature.

I know this is really late, but couldn't you also use an HTML5 filesystem? That would allow you to request more storage if necessary.
Because of this:
Quote:
At the time of writing this article, Google Chrome has the only working implementation of the FileSystem API.

TIFreak8x: Does that bother you? Do you want to see the Caps Lock key do something else that would be more intuitive? I also made [`] be the [XT0n] key and [+=] be the [+] key this weekend, although you'll need to reload your ROM for those changes to be applied. Also, a few teachers at T^3 complained that it was hard to see the jsTIfied screen, so I made a bigger pop-out screen option.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* Improved color fidelity for TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition screenshots, at the expense of screenshot size. Animated screenshots are now bound to the emulated calculator's CPU rather than the browser's clock, so screenshots should run at roughly a physical calculator's speed regardless of any jsTIfied lag.

This change in particular is a good one! Smile The usability/accessibility fixes are nice too!
Oh it doesn't bother me at all, I just didn't know it was supposed to do that, so I thought I'd report it :p It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you could make the numpad work with the numbers. Otherwise, the emulator works well.
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh it doesn't bother me at all, I just didn't know it was supposed to do that, so I thought I'd report it :p It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you could make the numpad work with the numbers. Otherwise, the emulator works well.
I think there's a Javascript issue there, but if you can find me some information on the keycodes for the number pad in Javascript, I'd be happy to implement that.
I’m trying to do a ROM dump of this calculator without success, using the included USB cable. Between the last post in March and now, is it NOW possible to emulate the 84+CSE? And how? Thanks.
It's been possible.

Dumping a ROM for the TI-84 Color should be the same steps as this tutorial.
I’ve read through that tutorial a zillion times. Every time I get to step 5, I get an error--Attempted to use a variable or function where it is not valid.
Someone with a TI84 Color will have to answer or verify this, but perhaps the calculator dropped the Asm( token. Can you run the program just like a basic program with Asm(?
TigerMO wrote:
I’ve read through that tutorial a zillion times. Every time I get to step 5, I get an error--Attempted to use a variable or function where it is not valid.
Sadly, the method of dumping a ROM on a TI-84+CSE is a little more complicated; I need to update the help text on jsTIfied to make that clear. There's a TI-84+CSE dumper for Silverlink users, but since you're using a direct USB cable, that won't work for you. TILP II might have a ROM dumper that works over direct USB now; you can get it here:
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/news.html
I’ve tried understanding TiLP2, but the documentation is not clear enough for me to follow. It’s way too technical. I’ve found that to be true of most ROM dumpers.
TigerMO wrote:
I’ve tried understanding TiLP2, but the documentation is not clear enough for me to follow. It’s way too technical. I’ve found that to be true of most ROM dumpers.
My sources tell me that TILP wouldn't do the trick for you anyway. Tari is working on a TI-84+CSE version of ROM8x, though, and will shortly post a version of it somewhere on here for you (and the rest of us) to test.
libti*/tilp from Git contains support for 84+CSE ROM dumping Smile
You can download the latest Windows beta build (which is a bit newer than the first version with 84+CSE ROM dumping support) at http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204587#204587 .
Downloaded and installed that build. Now what do I do? I’m very new to this, so in simple steps, please.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours