Wes, that's awesome Smile If any of your students are really enthusiastic about programming, you should definitely send them this way!
elfprince13 wrote:
Wes, that's awesome Smile If any of your students are really enthusiastic about programming, you should definitely send them this way!
This. We're always happy to teach new programmers, whether they're learning calculator or computer programming. Most of us got started with what are now majors or careers in CS/EE fields by programming calculators, and we love to help others along that same path.
Not sure where else I should be posting this, but for the Europeans interested in acquiring a TI-84+ C SE, the cheapest distributor I've found so far is: http://www.copcoinc.com/ti-84-plus-color-silver-edition-graphing-calculator-single/

With shipping to Belgium ($12) included, the price is 106 €, and I'm sure it'll be comparable shipping costs for the rest of Europe (and maybe elsewhere worldwide?). Better than the price I found on a Dutch site, € 132.

Edit: Never mind, their terms & conditions state: "We accept Visa and MasterCard payments from banks issued in the United States only." So unless you could pay with an American credit card, you can't order one from them to be shipped internationally, even though they *do* allow international shipping. It seems a little ridiculous.

http://www.vanhiltendirect.nl/kantoormachines-rekenmachines-grafische-rekenmachines-texas-instruments-rekenmachine-84-c/Rekenmachine-ti84-plus-c-silver-edition-1-stuk/i/19355/ allows international shipping but it's more expensive, and you can only pay with iDeal (which is, as far as I'm aware, a Dutch payment system that only works with certain banks) or giro transfer.
You might be able to use Paypal, link your credit card through it, and just pay in that fashion?
tifreak8x, that should work, but the site doesn't seem to support paypal, so that's a no-go either. They only take direct Visa and MasterCard payment.
tifreak8x -> which apps were preinstalled on your TI-84+CSE ?
critor wrote:

App4Math, EasyData, and PlySmlt2

Don't know what any of them do, haven't opened any of them yet. :p

App4Math is from zoom algebra, and it has quite the slick looking title screen. Nice use of the colors there.
tifreak8x wrote:
critor wrote:

App4Math, EasyData, and PlySmlt2

Don't know what any of them do, haven't opened any of them yet. :p

App4Math is from zoom algebra, and it has quite the slick looking title screen. Nice use of the colors there.
Same Apps as the prototype calculators. I'm still waiting to hear back about the status of other App portings...
I seriously hope that TI will not wait too long before porting their old apps and releasing TI-Connect 4.0. What I am waiting for in particular is Français, for easy access to special characters (I have a 8xp program that contains them, but it requires recalling them from Ans or a string everytime.

By the way is there a publicly available ROM dumper for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition so that non-Cemetech/ticalc/TI-Planet admins/staff can also use jsTIfied?
DJ_O wrote:
By the way is there a publicly available ROM dumper for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition so that non-Cemetech/ticalc/TI-Planet admins/staff can also use jsTIfied?

Crutor published one, as weel as a ROM->.8XU tool.
Ah ok. What is it called? Because I can't find it (I can find the ROM->8xu tool, though).
Quote:
I seriously hope that TI will not wait too long before porting their old apps and releasing TI-Connect 4.0.

Meanwhile, TILP II 1.17 has partial 84+CSE support, provided one renames .8c? files to .8x?. Support for the .8c? file extensions will be added fairly soon, certainly by Benjamin and/or Jonimus.

Quote:

Jonimus published one based on libticalcs: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9017 .
I didn't publish a dumper, no.

You've got a ROM to 73u/8xu/8cu tool which supports all TI-z80 Flash ROM files:
http://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=12245

For a TI-84+CSE ROM image, it directly generates an installable 8cu OS file.
For other calculators, you'll have to sign the generated file in order to add the 512-bits RSA signature I'm not supporting yet at the end of the file, and which is not used anymore on the TI-84+CSE.

You've also got the generated 8cu OS file for preordered calculators, which won't be enough for emulation:
http://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=12246

As TI-Connect 4.0 is not released yet, you'll have to use TiLP in order to flash your TI-84+CSE with it, which has been tested successfully.
BrandonW is also working on a more general-purpose TI-84+CSE ROM dumper based on some discussions that I had with him. Brainstorming led us to decide it should dump 32 one-page AppVars, which you will then drag to your computer using TI-Connect or TILP II; a computer-side program will smush them into a ROM.
And TILP should contain, at some point, a pair of 84+CSE ROM dumpers nearly equivalent to the current 84+ ROM dumpers.
"Nearly" means that unlocking the Flash memory for getting a dump of the certificate pages shall probably not be part of the feature set, at least in the beginning.
Ive been trying to get mario on the TI-84 plus silver color edition. any links?
Graphing Calculator
Have you stumbled upon our Archives? There's also ticalc.org and TI-Planet.

I'll stop short of actually finding Mario because it may not exist and these resources should be more than enough to find it if the game does exist. Secondly, we prefer necro-posting to be on topic and if you have quick questions you are free to use the chat widget, SAX, on the side of the forum.
pacmanisexciting wrote:
Ive been trying to get mario on the TI-84 plus silver color edition. any links?
Graphing Calculator
Unfortunately, no one has many a Mario game for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition yet. That said, there is a fair bit of discussion around here about what it would take to make a Mario game for the TI-84+CSE; if you're interested, you could even consider learning some programming yourself!
Hello,
My son is a freshman and was asked to purchase a ti-84 C plus silver calculator. We both figured that it may be a good idea since he will likely use it through college so we purchased it.
When he opened the calculator it came with two cables, one was a standard USB type-A and the other end was mini-B. The other cable was mini-B and looked like a proprietary TI connector. The calculator also has some metal connectors on the bottom of the calculator I would guess for a charging station.
The question is: do I have to buy a specific connector to charge the calculator or do I need to purchase a charging dock. The calculator only appears to have the proprietary connector. Also what is with the I/O orifice? looks like a headphone set.
By the way I downloaded the user's guide and many other references but none of them explain something this simple.
Also what is the purpose of the USB mini-B with proprietary? The only devices that I own that have USB require power from the device connected to like a hard drive. I would imagine that if I connect the calculator to my seagate portable HD I would drain the batteries very fast. Again I have not been able to find any reference to either cable.
It may be intuitive but some of us learned a long time ago that the tray that opened on the computer was not a cup holder (many years ago people did not understand what a cd drive was). So I don't want to just plug the wrong cable onto this brand new calculator.
Thank you for your time.
The usb to mini cable allows your calculator to charge from a computer while you are transferring files to and from your calculator. There is an LED indicator to the right side of the calculator that turns orange when charging, and green when it is full.

The mini on both sides cable allows your son to share files from his calculator to others if they need/want them.

The one that looks like a headphone jack is called the I/O port, using a 2.5MM connector to connect to other calculators. The older models used this connector type exclusively, so they kept it on the newer models to maintain backwards compatibility.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours