mets11rap wrote:
2: Website memory storage. Sometimes, the site keeps the files on the ROM, and sometimes, it doesn't. I'd really like to see this improved because I have to have DoorsCSE in my downloads folder taking up unnecessary space on my PC in case for some reason it's not saved.

In regards to this... jsTIfied utilizes DOM storage in the browser to avoid any legal issues with keeping the ROM on our server. Since files like DoorCSE are uploaded to the ROM, not to the server, we can't keep the state of the calculator if you reupload the ROM.

Since the DOM Storage is part of the browser cache there's really nothing we can do. The cache may also be purged when the computer is restarted, or by quitting the browser. :/
I got a problem with jsTIfied:

Every time I pause the calculator (with a breakpoint or by stepping over a call/bcall), the screen doesn't update to what it should be. This only happens after the first pause, probably.

I am calling _PutS but stepping over it in the debugger because I currently don't care what that BCALL is doing. After the call finished, the screen does not get updated but instead, it darkens. If this happens multiple times, the screen goes completely black.

This also applies to the screenshot feature.

I am running jsTIfied on Waterfox on Ubuntu 16.04. The calculator is an 84+ with OS version 2.55 MP. I also tested it on Firefox and it happens too.

PS: I tested it with TI's flash debugger and it works there.
When emulating a TI-83 Plus today, I discovered that the . key on the numeric keypad doesn't respond. I can type numbers on both the number keypad and top row keys, and the period key in the home section works, but the period key on the numpad does not. That's a bit inconvenient. Smile

Also, the appearance of the Toggle Fast Speed toolbar button looks reversed from its presumed operation. When the lightning bolt is dark, the calculator runs at normal speed, but when it's light with a slash through it, the calculator runs faster. Logically I'd expect the appearance to be the other way around, with the (slower) normal speed being represented by the dimmed lightning bolt with a slash through it.
fghsgh wrote:
I got a problem with jsTIfied:

Every time I pause the calculator (with a breakpoint or by stepping over a call/bcall), the screen doesn't update to what it should be. This only happens after the first pause, probably.

I am calling _PutS but stepping over it in the debugger because I currently don't care what that BCALL is doing. After the call finished, the screen does not get updated but instead, it darkens. If this happens multiple times, the screen goes completely black.
Thanks for reminding me about this. This is due to how jsTIfied computes the timing of when to refresh the screen, and is certainly fixable.

Travis wrote:
When emulating a TI-83 Plus today, I discovered that the . key on the numeric keypad doesn't respond. I can type numbers on both the number keypad and top row keys, and the period key in the home section works, but the period key on the numpad does not. That's a bit inconvenient. Smile
Boo, that's annoying. I'll look into this.

Quote:
Also, the appearance of the Toggle Fast Speed toolbar button looks reversed from its presumed operation. When the lightning bolt is dark, the calculator runs at normal speed, but when it's light with a slash through it, the calculator runs faster. Logically I'd expect the appearance to be the other way around, with the (slower) normal speed being represented by the dimmed lightning bolt with a slash through it.
Yeah, that's always been a complicated issue: I've gotten people complaining about both ways around. I'll try the opposite.
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's always been a complicated issue: I've gotten people complaining about both ways around. I'll try the opposite.

Hmm, maybe it would be less confusing if the on/off icons were more distinct from each other. Like, say a CPU (or something representing speed) and have the lightning bolt appear when it's not throttled and have no lightning bolt at all when at normal speed? Any usability experts around here? Smile
Using this today on the latest stable Opera and the latest stable Chrome on Windows 10, the keys are occasionally "sticking" with both silver edition and color TI-84 roms. The key gets highlighted red, then stays highlighted red after letting go, and won't let me enter anything else until clicking it again. If the key that sticks is something like the up arrow, then it continuously scrolls upward until clicking again.

I tested with MS Edge as well, and it happened once but much less often (though I did manage to crash my color rom at some point on Edge, but that may be another report if it happens again). I do not have Firefox currently installed to test.
It appears my sticky keys issue may at least partially relate to the way I use the trackpad on my dell laptop, where I tend to use the tap-to-click rather than the full press-click. If I press click or use the laptop's touchscreen, the problem appears to go away.

I assume the trackpad isn't always sending the mouseUp signal correctly or is sending it more quickly than the javascript allows. I don't get this problem other places that I've noticed, but maybe that's just been my good luck so far.
jsTified is bugging out the TI 84 Plus's screen when I open it through the app-shortcut. It's seems to stretch out the text and is only fixed by resetting the emulator. I've got an iPhone SE running iOS 11.3 . Here's a gif of what I'm seeing:

[disjax] [LogicalJoe] wrote:
I've been having that problem too.
1. See https://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=305914#305914
2. The JPEG-encoded ROM "image" references https://ceme.tech/emu but that redirects to a 404.
3. When pausing jsTIfied, pressing the 'Step Over' button causes the screen to dim. The same thing also happens when I 'Continue' to another breakpoint. This goes away whenever it runs for long enough. It makes it hard to debug drawing routines, where I have to call an LCD delay routine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours