I have a feeling this is a dumb question, but here it is.

I have an IDEQ SFF (Small form factor) computer. I am trying to load windows on it, but i cant find the right drivers. I found a few drivers that work on this computer, but the lan driver refuses to work. It always says it cannot find the correct Hardware. I dont know which model of IDEQ it is, since i got the computer from a friend. I have looked through all the ideqs that support the AMD Athlon processor, and looked at the manuals for them. only one other motherboard matched this one, and those drivers did not work either.

Is there an easier way to get this to work ? I really only need internet to work on it, and thats the only thing that wont work. I have a feeling the answer is "buy a network PCI card" but the only ones i have probably need drivers, and non of them have any model number. + since the computer is SFF, i have to either take out the video card (no graphics left) or sound card. which i could do, but would rather not...
If you go to the device manager you can get the "Hardware Ids." Searching for the vendor ID and the Dev ID like "14e4 1684" or "VEN_14E4&DEV_684" in google will perhaps at least give you a chipset maker and model number so that you can hopefully go the the LAN cards manufacturer's website and download the generic driver.
ok, I did dxdiag and got the model number of the mobo. I was hoping it woudl be with the mobo drivers. But its made by NVIDIA, and i cant find any drivers there that are not video card drivers.

I didnt think nvidia even made motherboards. Unless DXDIAG is giving a false reading on something?
NVidia did at one point make motherboard chipsets. But have you tried what I suggested or did you not understand something?
I am doing what you suggested now. I was explaining what i had done so far on my way out the door.

Google does not seem to bring up the drivers i need.

The network adapter Hardware ID = V1394/NIC1394

Does anyone else have any ideas? I have a couple PCI ethernet cards at my house i can get in a few days, but would prefer to not use them if i dont have too.
That doesn't sound right, its more likely you should have a Hardware ID like PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1684&CC_0200 where the VEN and DEV lines are the vendor ID and device ID.
When i went to Device Manager -> Network adapters -> Properties -> found hardware ID: and thats what i got.

There is Device Instance ID: V1394/NIC1394/64CBB 306700

but i dont see anything like What you have.

took a second look: I was looking at the wrong one. I looked at the install network adapter. Not the network controller. That shows an ID like you had. so i will search again.

Would my wireless Card control Ethernet LAN as well? Thats the only controller thats left uninstalled is the Wireless card. Not having much luck finding a driver for that either.

PCI\\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&REV_02
Well your wifi chip is a Broadcom BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller

I'd bet you Ethernet controller is either listed as an unknown device or similar. But without a Vendor ID or Device ID you're gonna be out of luck.

You did say this was an NVidia motherboard, so perhaps the NIC is one of the nForce ones. If you can post a model number or chipset model we might be able to help you from there.
Whoa. Sorry for the late response, i have been crazy busy lately. I am actually flipping my computers. My current primary is going to get windows Xp, and my secondary (The one discussed in this thread) is getting Linux Mint. I know i have all the drivers for my primary saved.

Thanks for the help though. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours