Hello, could it be possible to add the Symbolic functions to Doors ?
I mean, technically ?

I have problems with the Symbolic app, but I need to finish a program that uses Symbolic commands. Is that possible to copy it ?

Even if it's not for a public release, for personnal use (because I guess the would be even heavier than now, I don't care).

Is that possible ? Is that easy ?
Possible? Yes. Legal, as per the license? Sounds like no, but I could always try to get in touch with the author. Easy? Most certainly not. Probable? No.

Frankly, I have zero free time already, and once I can use the TI-84+ CSE for projects that may be released publicly, I will be focusing on trying to get a color-screen edition of Doors CS (most likely as Doors CS 8) out as quickly as possible. Number one, that will take significant programming effort. Number two, that will almost definitely expand Doors CS to at least four pages, and trying to stuff Symbolic in there too would tack on another page or three. The tl;dr is that it's not likely to happen.

Edit by Merth: Disabled smileys to make it read better.
Since this is only for your calculator and isn't anything official, it would be pretty easy to make an app specifically to chain those hooks. I feel like it would be waste of an app page, though, that is why I wouldn't release it publicly (I would want to add a bunch of super cool features, so I would feel bad).
Which reminds me that the internal beta I have of Doors CS 7.2 fixes all of the hook-chaining oddities that plagued earlier versions. I'm still stuck on repairing direct USB globalCALCnet before I release it, unless I just don't bother.
Just a question.. Why can't the lib stuff be stuffed into those SEs? That way, support could be given to the libraries of a person's choice, and it could downsize the size of DoorsCS? I'm just asking because I don't know how feasible that would be.
tifreak8x wrote:
Just a question.. Why can't the lib stuff be stuffed into those SEs? That way, support could be given to the libraries of a person's choice, and it could downsize the size of DoorsCS? I'm just asking because I don't know how feasible that would be.
An excellent question. At this point, I only have three places SEs fire: when Doors CS is loading, when the desktop mouse is running, and when Doors CS exits. Perhaps unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I didn't add a mechanism to load arbitrary code or SEs while starting to or finishing executing programs or on a per-token basis.
Alright, so..

If you made it look at the SEs only when an SE was identified as a library, and run, would it cause a substantial slow down? How much smaller would it make DCS if you did it, if it were worthwhile to do?
Okay. I expected this kind of answer, not serious.

I prefer let you work on a 84+ CSE version, this will be more useful, yes.
@persalteas: I emailed you some modified apps so that you can run Symbolic and DoorsCS7. You will need to send them specifically in that order to your calc (Symbolic, then DoorsCS7) as well as BatLib. Then run BatLib and the hooks will all be chained (using the GroupHook). You will then be able to do stuff like:

Code:

real(12,"4.5X^3","X
sum(1,3,3,1
Thank you very much ! I try it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours