Fair enough. Post when you do.
KermMartian wrote:
orly? I would...although I guess not compared with the modelling of the vehicles I do into AutoDesk VIZ. Smile

Doom3 is graphically intensive, F.E.A.R, HL2, etc.. are all intensive

blockland is weak. low poly models, low res textures, no graphical strain at all....(it IS fun mind you) - although the engine appears to have trouble with large numbers of blocks....
It does indeed. Later versions of the engines are supposted to handle it better though.
Quote:
Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)
elfprince13 wrote:
Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

ouch Surprised Sad
I really dont mind actually. cause I dont really game at home.
Alrighty, so you need to go download the latest driver for that now.
allright...I though I had it let me see....

EDIT: nvm....downloading now
KermMartian wrote:
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
blockland's not exactly what I'd call "graphically intensive", lol
Indeed, I find it amusing that Kerm is concerned about finding a tablet that will run BL. Blockland is probably the least graphically intensive 3D game possible (well, not quite, but almost). I think Kerm gets confused between graphically intensive and computationally intensive because he's always hosting -- not only does his comp have to handle the strain of being the server, but his maps are GIGANTIC. That means he's getting slowdown from massive amounts of data transfer, not graphical intensity.

True, true. I've found that ~700MHz, ~128MB ram machines can't play it at all though.
Wow...where do you find a machine like that? Your basement?
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
blockland's not exactly what I'd call "graphically intensive", lol
Indeed, I find it amusing that Kerm is concerned about finding a tablet that will run BL. Blockland is probably the least graphically intensive 3D game possible (well, not quite, but almost). I think Kerm gets confused between graphically intensive and computationally intensive because he's always hosting -- not only does his comp have to handle the strain of being the server, but his maps are GIGANTIC. That means he's getting slowdown from massive amounts of data transfer, not graphical intensity.

True, true. I've found that ~700MHz, ~128MB ram machines can't play it at all though.

No, in the classroom where I had calc last semester. :/
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:

our school has lots of them Sad

EDIT:
===
it seems that my driver is actually newer than the one on the intel site....

EDIT2:
===
Quote:

Video Init:
Accelerated OpenGL display device not detected.
Accelerated D3D device not detected.
Voodoo 2 display device not detected.

"OpenGL" display device not found!
"D3D" display device not found!
"Voodoo2" display device not found!
Loading compiled script common/ui/defaultProfiles.cs.
elfprince13 wrote:
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:

our school has lots of them Sad

EDIT:
===
it seems that my driver is actually newer than the one on the intel site....

EDIT2:
===
Quote:

Video Init:
Accelerated OpenGL display device not detected.
Accelerated D3D device not detected.
Voodoo 2 display device not detected.

"D3D" display device not found!
"Voodoo2" display device not found!
Loading compiled script common/ui/defaultProfiles.cs.
Yeah, it's probably not.
want a screeny of it?
That's definitely the problem. Also check that you have DirectX9 installed.

also, I have DirectX 9.0 installed.
hmm, really weird. I hope you can solve it soon
btw....that is a Windows comp....I just skinned it.
elfprince13 wrote:
btw....that is a Windows comp....I just skinned it.

Yeah, I figured that. Smile Hmm, I'm stumped, usually the driver update does the trick...
i'd go ahead and do the "downgrade" - maybe intel did that for a reason (or maybe you have faulty drivers - intel's site only lists up to ver 6.7 rel 3196)

however, i'd like to point out intel intergrated graphics aren't really 3d accelerators (not at heart anyway, i think its possible for em to do 3d, but its so crappy it ain't worth it), so it might not be a driver issue at all, but rather a the-chip-sucks-ballz issue instead...
Kllrnohj wrote:
I'd go ahead and do the "downgrade" - maybe intel did that for a reason (or maybe you have faulty drivers - intel's site only lists up to ver 6.7 rel 3196)

however, I'd like to point out intel intergrated graphics aren't really 3d accelerators (not at heart anyway, I think its possible for em to do 3d, but its so crappy it ain't worth it), so it might not be a driver issue at all, but rather a the-chip-sucks-ballz issue instead...

That's what I was thinking, and that's why I didn't want Intel integrated graphics for my tablet. Yay for NVidia GeForce Go. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours