So obviously, we have the ability to do cot, csc, and sec by doing the inverse of the built in trig functions. However, as you all know, this doesnt always work (especially in the off chance that there is a divide by zero problem). So, what can I do? Are there any additional trig add-ons for the Prizm? Certainly there must be, for there are for the Nspire CX.
f35stovl wrote:
So obviously, we have the ability to do cot, csc, and sec by doing the inverse of the built in trig functions. However, as you all know, this doesnt always work (especially in the off chance that there is a divide by zero problem).

But... that means that you're doing things correctly. If you get a divide by zero when inverting a cos/sin/tan answer, the answer for the related sec/csc/cot function is undefined. I'd suggest graphing out a sec/csc/cot function to see why this is so for yourself; you'll notice asymptotes at places where its cofunction would give 0.

Your only real problems will be with atan and acot, since half the time they only give reference angles rather than the final answer, meaning that you'll have to find the correct quadrant for the answer and work from there.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean?
I guess you're right, it's just that I feel as though there have been times when I have been limited by the lack of inverse function functionality in the form of a single entity... Though, as to be expected, I can't seem to produce any examples.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours