I had a 1GB USB flash drive in an incredibly bulky and ugly red ovoid case. Being the modder that I am, I tried to think what kind of funky case mod I could make out of it, and while looking around my room my eyes alighted on a small fraction of my immense LEGO collection. Thinks I, "aha!", and I pulled them out. Not having a digital camera (yet, anyway), I can't take pix of it, but I pulled out old reliable blockland and made a fairly accurate build of it. That gray thing sticking out is of course the USB jack, and everything else is actual LEGOs in real life except for the green circuit board. The read/write indicator LED is under that transparent yellow circle near the back on the side of it.
Dude, thats freakin awesome. I have tons of legos and made a huge city and lit up every street and lit up every house(including porch lights and things). My city was packed with everything a city needs: allies, rich nieghborhoods, run down nieghborhoods, gas station, and all that stuff! It was really cool, in fact I use to make movies with legos. Anyone want to see my trailer for one of my films? I never finished the film but the trailer is good enough I think I am going to enter it in a film festival this coming fall. I can upload it once I get home today.

-Swivel
That's awesome! So it sounds like you would be a great asset to TBM.
Yah, as I said before, I used to play all the time, but my comp crashed and my new one is not hooked up to the internet I have to use my other one. Sad .

-Swivel
Why is it not hooked up to the internet? You have DSL or cable, right? If so, all you need is some Cat-5....
dude, thats awesome....If you are doing renderings I recommend you use LDraw instead though.
Oh yeah, I downloaded that once, but I never got it working.
Is there POV-RAY support for Blockland?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Is there POV-RAY support for Blockland?

Partial. I believe it's still beta in the TGE.
Like DirectX on Linux partial Very Happy or useable partial?
KermMartian wrote:
Why is it not hooked up to the internet? You have DSL or cable, right? If so, all you need is some Cat-5....

Well, I dont have my house wired(yet at leaste, hopefuly soon it will be) and the comp that has internet is on the other side of the house. Plua the wireless router screws with my comps(its a belkin dont be suprised) and the wireless card antenea broke cause my dad thought it was a pull off antenea instead of twist Rolling Eyes . So, Option A , 1) Need new internet car. 2) Get router to work. Option B, 1) Get house wired.

-Swivel
swivelgames wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, I dont have my house wired(yet at leaste, hopefuly soon it will be) and the comp that has internet is on the other side of the house. Plua the wireless router screws with my comps(its a belkin dont be suprised) and the wireless card antenea broke cause my dad thought it was a pull off antenea instead of twist Rolling Eyes . So, Option A , 1) Need new internet car. 2) Get router to work. Option B, 1) Get house wired.

-Swivel

Very Happy ROFL @ the antenna thing. Just buy a replacement antenna and solder it on.
hey! don't diss belkin. My belkin wireless card (the one with the external, screw on antenea for PCI) works amazing. Better than my friends craptacular linksys cards (he's had 4 different cards, 2 for laptop, 2 for desktop - all of em suck)
Let's see...my new tablet will have...[checks]
Huh, doesn't say the wiNet card manufacturer. Probably the Intel one, I'd guess.
The phones in my house and the wifi router conflict with each other...a lot. But my comp is wired, so I don't have any problems, but for some odd reason my parents refuse to get a new phone...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
The phones in my house and the wifi router conflict with each other...a lot. But my comp is wired, so I don't have any problems, but for some odd reason my parents refuse to get a new phone...

It's because both operate on the 2.4GHz band, as do microwaves. :/
Exactly Wink I specifically told my mom to make sure to *NOT* buy a phone that operates on the 2.4 GHz band...but you can see how well that worked Laughing
Hehe, parents. *psh*
KermMartian wrote:
Let's see...my new tablet will have...[checks]
Huh, doesn't say the wiNet card manufacturer. Probably the Intel one, I'd guess.

if its centrino it has to use the intel WiFi chip

our 2.4ghz phone has zero problems with our wifi....try changing your wifi channels and seeing if that helps
we had problems with interference on our phone. just start playing with channels. if you can change channels on your phone do so and set the conflicting devices channels as far away from each other as possible. otherwise, just play with the Wi-Fi channel and find the least interference

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours