Not as easily, though I guess I could. I'd have to store it to a str variable (If I even have any of those left to use), make the checks/mods, and restore it back to that appvar.

Edit:

Sticking with the list for now, found that certain elements of the game was programmed modularly, so that helps a lot. Other than setting up the Items system to accept the usage of the pokeball, and then kill the battle system, I think this program is ready for a trial run! Very Happy
tifreak, I was wondering if you might want to release a new beta I love your work so much.
Kerm: please make this project extreme status and put it on the projects page.
Sadly, my next beta will be when the battle system is fully operational, which it isn't. I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to finish up some stuff, but it depends on what I get motivated towards. I have a small project for the CSE I still would like to finish.
ordelore wrote:
extreme status

Someone thinks your project is awesome. No, extremely awesome! Do you NEED any more motivation? Yes? Okay.

Wow, comicIDIOT i love it when someone likes my advice.
tifreak: I know that you want to start other projects, but it is important to have most of your motivation to whichever project you started first.
Hey, it's been a while, how's programming been going with you? Got the battle system down yet?
Sadly, I've become distracted with projects on the CSE, though I have been poking along with the code to this, I have to finish building a testing program for the pokeball catch system. Once I make sure it's working properly, I can finish off all the various forms of pokeballs, and I think it will be time to work on making some of the attacks work. I wanted the next beta to let you be able to catch some pokemon.
Seeing as this is now 2014, you should make a new topic (and some new progress). Idea
Progress is planned, but unsure of when to expect it. As soon as I have something new to post up, I'll be sure to create a new topic at that point.
Been a little while but I'm still looking forward to this game Smile.

Given that there is the odd bit of progress here and there I was wondering if there is any chance of an update? I have seen that there are some other Pokemon games popping up here and there and was wondering if those could provide some inspiration to jump back into this project?

As always if you need any help, or if you want to look at porting some stuff over to the CE (Or need any customer sprite tools etc), let me know as I'd be happy to help out.
I've actually given thought to moving development up to the CE, but I'm missing all the tools for the moment to be able to do that. :p

I still have tons of trouble getting xlibc to bend to my will, not sure why. If I do it for the CE, i'd like to go with more sprite work, the question is, would it all fit? I know it pulls from appvars for the sprites, but for pokemon, there are just SO MANY. :< I'd have to have a ton of appvars just for that data alone.
tifreak8x wrote:
I've actually given thought to moving development up to the CE, but I'm missing all the tools for the moment to be able to do that. :p

I still have tons of trouble getting xlibc to bend to my will, not sure why. If I do it for the CE, i'd like to go with more sprite work, the question is, would it all fit? I know it pulls from appvars for the sprites, but for pokemon, there are just SO MANY. :< I'd have to have a ton of appvars just for that data alone.

Given that a Pokemon Red/Blue ROM can be embedded on the older 84+SE with TI-Boy, I would be pretty surprised if you couldn't get your data + code to fit how you need it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours