That's awesome Merth Smile Looking forward to the next release, whenever you get around to it.
merthsoft wrote:
On the plane I fixed three things:
1. Exception when changing save directory
2. Exception when two preprocessor defines have the same value
3. Ctrl+Y is now redo

Will post an update when I get the chance.

Uploaded:
http://merthsoft.com/Tokens.zip
Also kinda fixed the comments count as an extra byte thing.
Awesome! I would be very excited to test these fixes, except now whenever I try to open my source .txt file, I get an exception. Sad

Preprocessor definitions now seem to have some bug associated with them all the time.

Quote:
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Prog8xEditWindow.UpdateHighlight(List`1 tokens, Range range)
at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Prog8xEditWindow.FullHighlightRefresh()
at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Tokens.OpenFile(String fileName)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Okay, sorry about that. Try it now:
New feature request: nested definition resolution.

And bumping all of my old feature requests and bug reports:

Runer112 wrote:
Big list of stuff incoming!

Bugs/feature requests, in descending order of my guessed ratio of importance to feasibility of implementation:

There's no redo capability.
    ▪ It would be nice if undo and redo were visible in the Edit menu.
    Commented lines contribute a byte to the live update byte counter.
    Multiple preprocessor definitions cannot have the same value. An error message complains that "An item with the same key has already been added," even though they certainly have different keys but the same value, which should be fine.
    ▪ A generalization of the "prettify code as you type" feature: when a group of characters is detected as a token, replace them with the token's primary representation.
    ▪ When opening program files, automatic injection of escape characters into sequences of tokens that would be (erroneously) re-tokenized as a single, larger token.
    ▪ An overhaul of the build method. Instead of having to select which target to build to with every build, have a single Build option and let the target be specified by some metadata somewhere. My initial suggestion would be to allow token xml files to specify a default target for files using that token file, but with a new directive allowed in files to override the target. This would then allow you to fix the fact that...
    ▪ The send to emulator features send the exact files being edited to the emulator. This works fine for files in an already-built format, such as a file like PROGRAM.8xp. But this tries to directly send source files like PROGRAM.8xp.txt as well. If the above feature is implemented, build target metadata would be available for any source .txt files, which could be automatically built and then sent to the emulator.
    ▪ Replace might help to fill out the Edit menu.

I'm also going to quote my old posts in this thread so I don't forget about (and you don't forget about!) those feature requests. Green means already implemented.

Runer112 wrote:
Some feature requests:

▪ A shortcut to escape the last multi-character token parsed. Perhaps Shift+Backspace or Alt+Backspace.
    ▪ A way to customize the escape character. Probably either via the settings file or the tokens XML file.
    ▪ An option to cause the escape character to be skipped over when moving the cursor, lumped with the next character when backspacing/deleting, etc. This would primarily be useful if the two features above are implemented and a zero-width space is used as the escape character, in which case the textual representation of escapes could be entirely hidden (I like pretty code). One could determine if a group of characters is a token by the presence of syntax highlighting or the grouping underline.
    ▪ A way to toggle representation of a group of characters as a token or individual characters. This would also primarily be useful if the features above are implemented and a zero-width space is used as the escape character, as this would allow one to escape/unescape a group of characters without having to directly interact with the escape character. This could possibly be implemented as a key shortcut, like Ctrl+T or Alt+T, that affects the characters around the cursor, or perhaps even by providing the capability in a context menu when right-clicking over the target group of characters?

Runer112 wrote:
It took a fair amount of time, but here's my hopefully complete and correct AxeTokens.xml:

*snip*

And here's a list of every bug report/feature request I compiled while making it:
    The second expr( token at 5DF5 should not be included in the xml files
    ▪Tokens could have multiple groups
    ▪Closing parentheses, braces, and brackets could match the style of their matched opener
    ▪Auto-indenting as an option, and some way to make statements like Else indent properly
    Alt strings do not work if the token has a child token, and giving the child token an alt string throws an ambiguity error
    Do not open assembly programs (they start with BB 6D)
    Put site tag hyperlinks in the group/token information pane
And I almost forgot:
    ▪Prettifying of code as you type!
found bug

EDIT: this happened when i tried to export a appvar from a png in the hex sprite editor

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.HexSprite.saveXLibBGPic()
at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.HexSprite.saveFile()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TokenIDE
Assembly Version: 0.11.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.11.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Roxas/TokenIDE/TokenIDE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18014 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Dynamic
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Can you please tell me what you were doing? An error message is useless without steps to reproduce it...
I tried to export a picture as a xLIB tile

the dimensions of the picture are 16x8
EDIT: i tried other dimensions to.

this error occurs when you save a picture to a xLIB tiles(*.8xv)

I use an outdated version of TokenIDE, but maybe that problem is not fixed yet so I report it anyway. Maybe it is a feature and not a bug, in that case I'd like to know it.

I had three lines beginning with "###########". I hit Ctrl+S then F5 then Enter, and I quit. When I came back to the program, the three lines were missing.

This happens when trying to build an appvar after it's been edited, however, it seems to save the .txt without issue, and if I drag the txt to Tokens after closing the tabs, then it will build the .8xv properly.
Hmm, that's weird. Are you opening it as an 8xp and then saving as an 8xv?
No, it's a .8xv and was trying to build it as such, but it didn't like that. I also had a .8xp open and being edited and built a few times.
Are you sure you have the most recent version? I was doing this for rfk with no problems.
I have the most recent without the xlib stuff in it, since you said it wasn't done, and it couldn't create new files. Unless you've updated since then and I missed it, it was when you took off for your trip through Europe.
It can create files. The one with the xlib stuff should be fine.
I'll probably be working on this on and off this weekend, but I figured I'd get an upload in now. I've added all the xLibC tokens to the file, and a nice little 8x8 grid guide:

You know the drill:
Merth, jsTIfied now supports a POST-based file upload system. I know you were interested in something like that, and I can only assume it was TokenIDE-related. I'd be happy to explain more about how it works at your leisure.
Ooh, neat. Yeah, a post or email or whatever about that would be great!
merthsoft wrote:
Ooh, neat. Yeah, a post or email or whatever about that would be great!
Well, there's no use relying on security-by-obscurity to prevent people from using the API themselves, so I'll just post it here:

1) Data is sent in the POST variable "jstified_upload"
2) Data consists of multiple lines, one per file to be loaded
3) Data is preceded by a line consisting of "OK" or "FAIL"
4) Lines are separated by a single \n character
5) Program data in a single line is base-64 encoded. The OK or FAIL is not encoded
6) If the first line is FAIL, the second line may be an error message in plaintext or there may be no second line. No other options are permitted.
I've uploaded a new version to cemetech, ticalc, and my server. No updates since the last post, but pretty new screenshot!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours