Okay, I just turned on my calc and went to my programs and I realized that my calc somehow restored itself to an earlier time on its own. I lost all of the games I had on it and regained ones I used to have.

I just got Omnicalc a week or so ago... Other than that I haven't been doing much out of the ordinary. Is that possibly the problem?

Anyway, I went through and was deleting some stuff to free up ram and I noticed that my calc now says "ERR:MEMORY" when I go to in mem managment app vars. When I hit "goto" it says

APPVARM 76
APPVARO 61
*Address

Anyone know what the problem is?

Oh, and I just remembered. I dropped my calc today about a foot onto a desk, and then from there it bounced about 1.5 - 2 more feet onto the ground. It rememained turned on and functional.
I have actually had the same thing that you are describing, with the calculator reverting back to an old state. This happened after I had been fooling around with Mode+Alpha+S. One time I did this, it crashed and I lost everything (and I mean all the apps and all the programs). Oddly enough on a successive crash I recovered everything. I don't understand what the hell happened, but its fine by me. To fix it I would suggest going through the process of clearing the ram, then Mode+Alpha+S, then resending the OS. Hopefully, you can find a fix somewhere in there.
Alright. Thank you.

This may make me sound dumb, but.... how do I go about resending the operating system? I still have the one that came stock. And I backed up my calculator onto my harddrive using the TI-Connect software a while ago. Can I just send that or won't it fix everything?

Oh, and what does alpha+mode+s do?
Alright everyone, you just discovered a feature of Omnicalc. When you first install omnicalc, it saves an image of your calc's ram to an unused rom page. You can also make another backup from omnicalc at any time. If it detects that your calc has crashed, it will attempt to restore from the latest backup available.

[Mode][alpha][S] runs the calculator's self-test.
Cool, thanks Kerm.

Now an update for you all. I was really bored in trig today and was just messing around with my calculator. I typed 1, then filled the rest of the screen with zeros to make a really big number, and then I hit enter. Instead of converting it to scienctific notation, it said "RAM CLEARED."

I got all of the old archived stuff I lost before back and the app vars works again.

Although I did have to suffer the rest of the day with Doom and Mario on my calc without ION to run them...

Haha, anyway, is it bad that my calc just crashed from typing in a really big number?
i find that the omnicalc recovery only works so well...

here's what i do in the event of a crash. I use omnicalc to recover my RAM, then i archive all PROGRAMS only (or pics/lists that are needed) - no AppVars. I then procede to reset the RAM, and re-enable all the hooks and such. This prevents crashes like the one you said (which i was also having, until i started doing this instead)
Neutral It is a lot easier to just not crash your calc. Razz
Oh, and down with omnicalc. Smile
Radical Pi wrote:

easier said than done Wink
I found that have memory save on my 84+SE made it more unstable. I never use it
Radical Pi wrote:
Oh, and down with omnicalc. Smile

I agree, the only apps that do/will stay in my account for any length of time are Doors CS and CalcSys.
I still need to put CalcSys on my calc...
I've found it to be amazingly handy.
Calcsys, Omnicalc, Symbolic, and xLib are what I need
foamy3 wrote:
Cool, thanks Kerm.

Now an update for you all. I was really bored in trig today and was just messing around with my calculator. I typed 1, then filled the rest of the screen with zeros to make a really big number, and then I hit enter. Instead of converting it to scienctific notation, it said "RAM CLEARED."

I got all of the old archived stuff I lost before back and the app vars works again.

Although I did have to suffer the rest of the day with Doom and Mario on my calc without ION to run them...

Haha, anyway, is it bad that my calc just crashed from typing in a really big number?

dude....use CrunchyOS or MirageOS until Doors is released.
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Cool, thanks Kerm.

dude....use CrunchyOS or MirageOS until Doors is released.

Yeah, use Crunchy.
Why? How is it better than ION?
ION and MOS support
foamy3 wrote:
Why? How is it better than ION?

doesn't use any RAM - only Flash
App Shell >> RAM Shell

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours