Another batch of savvily eBay'd calcs arrived! The TI-83+ at far left was $8 with shipping, and has some graphics glitches. The TI-83+ at near left seems perfectly functional, and was $12.42 with shipping. The TI-82 at near right is fully-functional, and together with the fully-functional TI-85 at far right was $0.99 with $12 shipping.

Here's a gratuitous shot of a bit less than half of my calculator collection, the ones that I have with me; the remaining 12-15 or so (I forget the exact breakdown, although I know there's at least an 89, an 86, a 73, and 83, and at least 8 TI-83+s) are at my parents' house.

From top to bottom, that's a raw 83+ mobo and LCD, Ultimate Calc 2 (a modded TI-83+), four TI-83+s, TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-84+. I'll have to share my full collection once the other half turns up. Smile
ooooh. nice find Very Happy
I'm surprised you don't have any TI-84+SE's...
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm surprised you don't have any TI-84+SE's...
Oh, I do, that's in the half of my collection at my parents' house, and I actually ran across it today. Sorry for the omission. Smile
Well now, looks like i'm going to ebayy.
Svakk wrote:
Well now, looks like i'm going to ebayy.
You should, it's a good place to get calculators for at least 50% off what Staples and other office supply stores charge for new calculators for fully-functional ones, or even cheaper for used or broken/parts ones.
I dont trust ebay, use Amazon
qazz42 wrote:
I dont trust ebay, use Amazon
Eh, you can't get anywhere near the prices on Amazon you can get on eBay. I've had only two bad experiences, and in both I got my money back because the seller was in the wrong.
So many. Laughing

Better take out batteries when you store the calculators or the batteries can spill and risk the calculator.
Galandros wrote:
So many. 0x5

Better take out batteries when you store the calculators or the batteries can spill and risk the calculator.
Good point, I've been there before with electronics, of course. Smile Thanks for the reminder.
*bump* Since my last post I got a broken 84+SE for $10 plus shipping, and I found after some investigation that what broke is that it had soda spilled in/on it. I did basic cleaning and tested it, and now it powers on, except it drains the batteries in a matter of a dozen or two dozen seconds. There must still be residue somewhere inside it shorting out components. Does anyone have experience with similar problems with calculators?
no, but my dad's old cellphone had a similar issue after it got washing machined. The thing still worked, but it had a short somewhere that drained it really fast.
elfprince13 wrote:
no, but my dad's old cellphone had a similar issue after it got washing machined. The thing still worked, but it had a short somewhere that drained it really fast.
That sucks. You were never able to find a fix for it, I presume? Sad
man thats a lot of calculators. i would like to have the 83 mobo Razz imagine if you just pulled that out in the middle of math class Very Happy
Rhombus P. wrote:
man thats a lot of calculators. i would like to have the 83 mobo Razz imagine if you just pulled that out in the middle of math class Very Happy
Hahaha, that would be great. Very Happy I'd love to epoxy one of the membranes on so I could just use that as-is. I'd have to figure out something to hold the batteries in, as well.
Eye-candy! Also note the logo.

hmm, that looks like quite a bit of fun. Maybe I should look at picking up another calc or two and getting one of those built.
rivereye wrote:
hmm, that looks like quite a bit of fun. Maybe I should look at picking up another calc or two and getting one of those built.
You definitely should! As always, ignore the Arduino; it's just there for occasional network probing and soon as a power supply for the activity LEDs.
That pic is epic! Very Happy
once I get a job, I think I should start doing some ebay shopping of my own

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours