What was the best completed project of 2022?
Untitled TI Audio Subsystem (For TI-83+SE & TI-84+(SE))
 5%  [ 2 ]
Wordle CE
 5%  [ 2 ]
Elimination: An RPG inspired by Earthbound / Pokemon
 10%  [ 4 ]
Periodic Table CE
 5%  [ 2 ]
OutRun on Casio fx CG10/20/50 PRIZM / Graph 90+E
 2%  [ 1 ]
Commas
 2%  [ 1 ]
S.A.M.M. - A Metroid-vania for TI-84 Plus CE
 13%  [ 5 ]
Calculator Street Racing: A drag racing game for 84+/CE
 5%  [ 2 ]
CEDISASM - an on-calc disassembler for the CE
 8%  [ 3 ]
AnotherWorldCE
 18%  [ 7 ]
ESCAPE to the OS
 0%  [ 0 ]
CE HD Picture converter
 0%  [ 0 ]
CEaShell
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

Welcome back to another Project of the Year! We were in serious danger of not getting this out before the end of 2032, but miracle of miracles, the PotM/PotY editor staff pulled together a heroic effort to get us up to date. During our Twelve Days of PotY, we not only completed all of the Projects of the Month from 2022, letting us publish this very poll in which you're about to vote, but also completed 2023!

2022 yet again maintained an excellent run of development and community on Cemetech, resulting in the thirteen Project of the Month winners over the year (thanks to a tie in March 2022). Here they are:
  • January 2022 (Project List): Untitled TI Audio Subsystem (For TI-83+SE & TI-84+(SE)): Crazy_Fox created an entire subsystem for audio-playback. Not just an audio player, but a system designed to be dropped into your games or programs for real-time audio playback! It features 4-channel 1-bit audio, pitch sweeping, duty cycle options, and includes a python script for converting music into code.
    Check out this cool project if you want to add some sound to your game!
  • February 2022 (Project List): Wordle CE: commandblockguy has ported the word game "Wordle" to the CE. It comes with two word lists for a variety of play and has pleasant and polished animations. A must-have for word nerds!

• March 2022 (Project List): Tie! We had two incredible showings this month! A highly detailed RPG by Hot_Dog, and the ever-useful periodic table in calculator form by mr womp womp. Elimination: An RPG inspired by Earthbound / Pokemon by Hot_Dog is an ambitious and beautiful RPG inspired by old school fan favorites. With tons of content, great sprite work, and an interesting story, I HIGHLY recommend you pick this game up and give it a whirl! The icing on the cake? There are color and monochrome versions available. Meanwhile, despite thinking he wouldn't even be featured in the March PotM, mr womp womp's Periodic Table CE ended up winning due to his great use of C libraries to make the Periodic Table of the Elements for the CE. A useful tool for all biologists and bio students, and a handy reference for intellectuals of all type.

April 2022 (Project List): OutRun on Casio fx CG10/20/50 PRIZM / Graph 90+E: slyVTT, now a Cemetech regular, pops on to the scene with OutRun, a clone of the arcade racer. It features some beautiful artwork, 10 circuits located in 5 different locations, and two different game modes! Throw this on your calculator and start red-lining today!

• May 2022 (Project List): Commas: A straight-forward but incredibly useful tool for improving the arithmetic output of your calculator. Do you hate reading large numbers without the thousands sepaerator? Well, so do I, and apparently so does commandblockguy, because this tool he created enables just that. It even comes with a European mode!

• June 2022 (Project List): S.A.M.M. - A Metroid-vania for TI-84 Plus CE: Another beautiful entry, by Captain Calc! S.A.M.M is a Metroid-vania style game for the CE that features lots of beautiful artwork and compelling gameplay. Featuring environmental interaction and smooth scrolling. Check out the beta for a look at SAMM!

• July 2022 (Project List): Calculator Street Racing: A drag racing game for 84+/CE: Oxiti8 announces Calculator Street Racing! A simulation of drag racing that makes good use of BASIC's limited graphical abilities. There are color and monochrome versions, so whichever calculator you have, you can do some illegal street racing in the comfort of your own home.

• August 2022 (Project List): CEDISASM - an on-calc disassembler for the CE: An incredibly helpful tool for hackers and programmers, CEDISASM is a tool that will disassemble your programs and let you see what's going on on the inside. Released by Cemetech Administrator Emeritus PT_, it features syntax highlighting and customization. A must-have for the hacker!

• September 2022 (Project List): AnotherWorldCE: A port of the old adventure game Another World. Zaalane has implemented the VM that the game runs on, and has included a save state feature!

• October 2022 (Project List): ESCAPE to the OS: A small but sweet guessing game by ProgrammerBobSmith. Intentionally designed to be a simple yet entertaining game for when you're bored: it fits that bill! This game narrowly edged out the mathematical game Powers' Game by sirdudeman, our honorable mention for October 2022.
  • November 2022 (Project List): CE HD Picture converter: Tari, hating C# and winforms, has implemented a website version of the an HD Picture Converter for the TI-84 Plus CE, for use with TheLastMillenial's HD Picture Viewer. A great companion tool with some useful options. Convert your pictures without having to download a program to your PC! Perfect!

• December 2022 (Project List): CEaShell: RoccoLox Programs and TIny_Hacker completed CEaShell, a simple, easy-to-use shell with some basic QoL improvement features for the 84+CE. It is designed to be straightforward and easy to use, but with some additional polish like program icons in the OS [PRGM] menu. I won't get too far into what is in store for CEaShell in 2023 and 2024, but let's just say this shell gets ROBUST, so check out the forum and see what's been going on!
You know what to do: test out these projects, give the authors feedback, and be sure to vote for the project you consider the best of 2022. In a week, we'll announce the winners, and in the meantime, look for the 2023 Project of the Year vote, too!
It's here! Check out all the impressive projects that made it to the Project of the Year 2022 vote, and pick your favorite!
Congratulations to everyone who got on PotY!

You must have made an amazing program!

I voted CSR by Oxiti8 because it really pushed the boundaries of TI-BASIC. This just means we can do much more using arguably the worst programming language available on TI calculators. Also, I really loved the concept as well. I never would have guessed we would have a spin-off of Car Street Racing Racing on the 84+ and CE. Again, congratulations to everyone who made it to PotY!
Thanks for that detail, ryanconmartians! We appreciate when people put thought into their choice, and don't just toss a vote to the project with the coolest screenshots. Having written a few of the PotMs, and reviewed the remainder that other editors wrote, CSR definitely stands out as a project that Oxiti8 put a lot of effort into over many months, consistently working on improving the project as their own skills grew. I cast my vote for Untitled TI Audio Subsystem: libraries and tools aren't always sexy, but they enable other developers to build more powerful, impressive projects. I have long had on my list exploring building a library adjacent to Crazy_Fox's work, so I particularly appreciate what a challenge it is to create something with all the features of this library in z80 assembly. I wish I could cast a vote for other entries as well, though; there are many great options!
I voted on SAMM as it would be the most likely thing I would download. The graphics are impressive, reminding me of the SNES. Excited for 2023's PotY.
Edit: Another World would be my seconds choice.
I'm so happy to see so many votes and especially about the very large amount of projects that have been worked on in a single year. Thank you to all contributors including those who helped write those PotM and this PotY articles. Smile
I've voted for CEaShell, since I use it pretty much all the time on my 84+ CE.

It's on par if not better than Cesium in my opinion. I can't wait for CEaShell 2!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours