Runer112 wrote:
  • Speaking of key bindings, it would be nice if there was some way users could see them.
On the quote section, there's a key map. Clear is mapped to '/'. In newer browsers, [link=https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22029033/can-javascript-tell-the-difference-between-left-and-right-shift-key]you can check left and right shift[/link].
Runer112 wrote:
I haven't really done anything with grayscale recently on it. Only slightly related, if you pause the emulator, the screen inverts. I would say that this is a bug as stepping will cause the screen to flip between inverted and normal.
Runer112 wrote:
May also result in an improvement of the step over logic.
The only current logic for stepping over that I could find in jsTIfied is to not step at all.
AHelper wrote:
Runer112 wrote:
  • Speaking of key bindings, it would be nice if there was some way users could see them.
On the quote section, there's a key map. Clear is mapped to '/'. In newer browsers, you can check left and right shift.

Ah, not sure why I didn't check the help section before requesting something that already existed there. Thanks.

Also, reading the help section reminds me: I've never liked how clicking on the screen sends an ON keypress. There's a perfectly good ON key for that. I sometimes find myself clicking on the screen to focus the window because my subconscious mind tells me its a perfectly safe area to click on.

AHelper wrote:
Only slightly related, if you pause the emulator, the screen inverts. I would say that this is a bug as stepping will cause the screen to flip between inverted and normal.

This bug, I cannot reproduce.
Runer112 wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Only slightly related, if you pause the emulator, the screen inverts. I would say that this is a bug as stepping will cause the screen to flip between inverted and normal.

This bug, I cannot reproduce.
This used to happen, but I didn't believe it did any more. I can check my commit logs, but I'm pretty sure I fixed it.

AHelper wrote:
You cannot change the pages mapped to memory, this should be allowed.
Runer112 wrote:
The page bank boxes should not be editable.
You guys are killing me. Which is it? Smile

It's not relevant to any of these, but loading non-App files now properly displays a progress bar that fills as the file is transferred, rather than hanging and simply displaying a full progress bar when the transfer is complete.
I vote for having the pages be changeable because, well, how can you currently view data on other pages?

Also, breakpoints should be assigned the physical addresses, not virtual. By physical, I mean the address in terms of the storage space of the flash/ram, not the paged address that the z80 sees. Very helpful if debugging code that spans multiple flash pages.
As I mentioned yesterday in the chat, I have a problem with saving screenshots.
I use a Kindle Fire HD 7'' tablet (2012 version), running the Fire OS 7.5.1. All the latest updates are installed. I use the latest version of the Silk browser.
Now, first everything works fine and I have to say that jstified is really awesome. That is really great work, porting a emulator to mobile devices in an online web page (!).
However, there is only one thing that does not work on my device. As soon as I want to save a screenshot - either a still or animated screenshot - my browser says 'starting download' but then it freezes. You already told me yesterday that this will probably be a bug of the browser, however, I just wanted to leave the problem report here in case of it being anywhere helpful. Smile
Edit: Oh and I just found out that for each try of saving a screenshot, there is a api.php file in my download folder. What is this?
AHelper wrote:
I vote for having the pages be changeable because, well, how can you currently view data on other pages?

Also, breakpoints should be assigned the physical addresses, not virtual. By physical, I mean the address in terms of the storage space of the flash/ram, not the paged address that the z80 sees. Very helpful if debugging code that spans multiple flash pages.

Viewing other pages should be a feature of the disassembler and memory viewer. You shouldn't have to modify the state of the emulated calculator by changing its memory map just to be able to see offpage data. I'd suggest doing this in a way similar to how Wabbitemu does it, in which you can swap between virtual, physical ROM, and physical RAM views in both the disassembler and the memory viewer. It would also be helpful then if the addresses displayed were of the page:address form as in Wabbitemu.

And yes, breakpoints should be tied to physical addresses if they're not already.
sometimes when i get 'up' with my arrow to look at my history or delete them, the calculator crashes and I must reset it
PT_ wrote:
sometimes when i get 'up' with my arrow to look at my history or delete them, the calculator crashes and I must reset it
I'm aware that this happens on the emulated TI-84 Plus CSE. Despite some effort put into it, I can't track down what happens; I suspect that it's due to the OS accidentally exploiting a quirk in the hardware that jsTIfied does not emulate.
*bump* I need to respond to the many suggestions and bug reports in this topic, and I'll in fact probably address them in a jsTIfied 2.0 topic instead so we can discuss ez80 support as well. In the meantime, I just wanted to mention that Eeems tested jsTIfied working on Firefox OS:

*bump* One user has been reporting that the latest version does not work in iOS 8.2, under Chrome or Safari. Would someone with iOS 8.2 please help me out with some testing? Smile
I'm on iOS 8, what do you need?
Can confirm the ROM loads but key presses don't seem to register. When tapped the key box highlights red for a brief moment. Nothing happens for a few minutes afterwards.
Same here. The rom seems to load, the ram cleared message pops up and I can clear it, but that's about it. Key presses don't seem to register and the cursor blinks very slowly.
Thanks for testing, guys. Out of curiosity, are you able to see if there are any error messages popping up in the Javascript console? I'm glad to hear that the problem is replicable so it can be tracked down, at least.
Nothing when the ROM was already loaded. When I cleared the ROM I have three warnings and the "timer" keeps counting. So far I'm at 50 seconds and counting (the timer stops when the page is considered loaded); it seems to have stopped at 1.1mins.

Loaded the ROM and an error popped up:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: clickKey
I solved that problem, but I think the larger issue is that touch events are not being handled well. I'm working on trying to figure out why this is the case.

Edit: I made a few changes to how touchstart and touchend events work. Would you guys mind checking if it changed anything?
It works again! Woo, thanks!
comicIDIOT wrote:
It works again! Woo, thanks!
That's great; thanks for testing! I'll contact the member who reported it nonfunctional to make sure that it works for him as well.
Hey, this happened....

Help???
I was working on a program, and I ran it, but then that happened... Does the fact that I was using hybrid basic in my code in the program that I was trying to run have anything to do with this?
I looked at jsTIfied source code in my browser an it is somewhat obfuscated I wanted to download the source and add ez80 support and a more mobile friendly gui.

May I have the source to add these.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours