33%  [ 1 ]
OK
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just throw away the project
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

After a lot of time, work, and effort, I have made a release of my RPG battle engine for people to try out and give my opinions.

http://www.rivereye.net/battle.zip

tell me what you think
Quite nice! IMHO, some screenies might be nice.
I know. What is a good screen shot program (especially for animated screenies)
CalcCapture. You just need to make sure you configure it correctly; I can help you with that if you need.
http://62.65.69.4/archives/files/fileinfo/290/29024.html
ok, for some reason trying to download from ticalc.org when using IP doesn't work
rivereye wrote:
ok, for some reason trying to download from ticalc.org when using IP doesn't work

probaly has something to do with their anti-leeching stuff
rivereye wrote:

Huh? You mean it acted as if you were hotlinking? Shock
whatever. I downloaded it and got it to work, but the screen shots are not very good right now (it is the emulator, it is not running great), so I will get screenies when I get home to a faster meaner comp. Does anyone know how much RAM can be added to a Panasonic CF-27 Toughbook so it can run faster
If it has two slots, up to 1gb or 2gb.
prgmABATTLE wrote:

Err:Invalid Dim
Goto

L2(1)round(L1(13)*3/L1(12),0->L2(1)
Kerm, one slot, and it is running a PIII

elfprince: READ THE README. You need to run program RIVEREYE first
rivereye wrote:
Kerm, one slot, and it is running a PIII

elfprince: READ THE README. You need to run program RIVEREYE first

Then 1 1GB module is probably the max. I think the P3 has that big of an addressing space.
yeah, but it may be a BIOS limitation also. I wish I coul find someone who had some RAM around I can put in to test and try out. XP on 128mb RAM, not very good

Also makes me wonder how MS knew that WIN2k PRO could support 4GB RAM on only 2 Processors (being the best they seem to mention in my books is a PIII Xeon)

edit: with 64mb preinstalled, then one 512 stick is the max I think (which doesn't bother me)
Believe it or not, 2000 can support a larger address space than XP on the same processor... Shock
4gb is the max PER ANY 32bit CPU - this has been known long before win2k. Hence the slow switch to 64bit, which can address an ungodly amount of RAM (somewhere far north of 1000 TB); so 2 32bit procs could access 8gb of ram

ram isn't limited by the CPU, but by the motherboard. A P3 can address up to 4gb of ram, same as any 32-bit CPU - finding a mobo that can support 4gb of ram for a P3 is a different story. This is because the memory controller is actually on the mobo (excluding the new 64-bit AMD CPU's which have on-die memory controllers, hence their excellent memory bandwidth)

Quote:
Believe it or not, 2000 can support a larger address space than XP on the same processor...

Not true-ish. Both max out at 4gb per CPU, but winXP has a bug/limitation concerning multi-CPU aragements that also limits that to 4gb. Win2k doesn't have that limitation (as far as i know). HOWEVER, WinXP-64 also does not have the limitation, and can address more than 4gb per CPU (since its 64-bit), thereby allowing more RAM than win2k
XP can do the same. You may need SMP though to get it (unless you count the server versions, then you can have a WIN2K comp with 64GB RAM and 32 processors (datacenter server))
rivereye wrote:
XP can do the same. You may need SMP though to get it (unless you count the server versions, then you can have a WIN2K comp with 64GB RAM and 32 processors (datacenter server))

winXP's SMP sucks, and limits the total RAM even in SMP setups.
Lets get this back on topic

screenshot (not very good)
I think the bottom line here is Win sucks in general. Smile

Looking good, but do you think perhaps some symbols from Symbols might be in order? Smile
I was thinking that

I was just getting some things together for this

There are only a few small places that have to be changed and then it can be any character

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours