elfprince13 wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
It'd be great if someone could start a topic explaining things like how to project 3D coords to 3D (because all the math I've found online seems to fail to do it), and then how to move it around (mostly linear algebra, I imagine, but it'd still be nice to know more specifics outside of "use a rotation matrix").

There are basically two categories of transformations: rotation, translation, and scaling (and inversion too, I guess), which are all maintaining the same dimensionality, and projections, which are typically used to reduce dimensions.

If you ask about it in the tutorial thread, I'll try to cover them explicitly in my next entry, which is probably a few weeks away.

I can't wait for this, my work sometimes causes me to encounter transformation matrices and wikipedia's explainations of how they work and how to do simple things like rotate around the origin leads to headaches quickly.
This is absolutely perfect! This is almost exactly what I needed for my 3d minecraft house planner. Time to make a color edition!
I found a batch of solidFrame developement test screenshots: http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/screenshots/sframe/

If anyone is interested in checking out how it has evolved over time Smile.
Big bump, can't believe it's been so long since I worked on this!

In the last day and a bit I've been porting this engine to the CE ... So far:

It's a bit buggy and I'm not worried about speed at the moment but at least it's a start!
tr1p1ea wrote:
Big bump, can't believe it's been so long since I worked on this!

In the last day and a bit I've been porting this engine to the CE ... So far:

It's a bit buggy and I'm not worried about speed at the moment but at least it's a start!

Looks nice! Do you plan to make a game out of this like you were going to with the monochrome version? (rip starwars game Sad )
Well that is one of the low poly tie fighter models Smile
tr1p1ea wrote:
Well that is one of the low poly tie fighter models Smile
Is this a hint that we'll soon see something exciting from you? Wink
Well I'm not sure about 'soon' ... but possibly!

Also I worked on a couple of culling issues and have a new screenie:

Link is 108 faces, 66 verts.
Mario is 107 faces, 61 verts.

These are quite detailed for a calculator when you think about it, and seem to run fairly well considering that no optimising for the new platform has taken place yet.

Still lots of things to work on, so progress will be steady
So basically, is it a baby 3d engine?
Pretty much, it continues to grow with support routines and such however.
BUMP!

I found an old build of the monochrome version for this engine on a calc I'm sending to notipa!

Check it out here:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours