Oh I see, that's cool Smile Would you see them in the programs list?
KermMartian wrote:
Roguebantha wrote:
How does it write those into the app? Are they programs? Other apps?
They don't get written into the App. They are special types of programs that Doors CS looks for. Jerry 0.1 by BrandonW is a good example of an SE; there's also a guide to writing Shell Expansions on the Doors CS wiki.

Thanks for the link, I was posting from my phone and forgot to edit the link in when I got to my computer. They don't show up in the list, they are essentially automatically executed when DCS runs that modifies the behavior of the shell. Whether it's an aspect of the GUI or new TI-BASIC libraries (I imagine).
Are these in archives, or RAM? Will a RAM clear get rid of them? Considering how often I have that happen, that would not be good for me :/ actually, my calc is pretty protected against RAM clears. I had my first RAM clear the other day in which I did not lose a single byte of data. Smile
They're usually in RAM. I'm trying to remember if I added the ability to run them directly from the Archive, and I almost feel like I did. I'll have to double-check that.
So when DCS runs a program from archive, does it copy it into RAM and then run it? Or does it actually run directly from the archive?
Roguebantha wrote:
So when DCS runs a program from archive, does it copy it into RAM and then run it? Or does it actually run directly from the archive?
It has to create a copy in RAM starting at $9D95 (or $9327 on the TI-83), because that's the address that the program expects to run at. It is just a copy, though, so if the program crashes the calculator, the copy in Archive will remain. When the program exits, Doors CS compares its RAM and Archives copies, and if the RAM copy changed (due to data storage within the program), it erases the Archive copy and moves the RAM copy to Archive.
I see...is there an asm routine that runs it directly out of archive? Like using archive as swap space. Whoa, that is, at least to me, a crazy idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours