Kerm, that grading rubrik you used last time -- is that the same for all contests?
LuxenD wrote:
Kerm, that grading rubrik you used last time -- is that the same for all contests?
The same general metrics apply, but because of the subject of this contest, there will be a few changes. For instance, originality and creativity will weigh much higher. Getting code help, releasing your program ahead of time, or using published code without permission are still instant disqualifications.
Is it possible to port an old nokia game instead of a real computer game?
Port anything you please.
balping wrote:
Is it possible to port an old nokia game instead of a real computer game?
Yes, that is acceptable. Remember to add a twist, though; otherwise you'll get few or no points for creativity and originality.
Does this mean I can't have a topic for my project on Omnimaga, or am I just not allowed to ask for advice/feedback on anything there?
Epic7 wrote:
Does this mean I can't have a topic for my project on Omnimaga, or am I just not allowed to ask for advice/feedback on anything there?
You're welcome to mention what you're working on there; just be sure to keep your thread updated here as well. And yes, neither place (and no other place) should you ask for code help from anyone.
But regular method help with no code would be allowed or no?
Enigma wrote:
But regular method help with no code would be allowed or no?
Discussing general techniques is not a big deal. Part of the point of the contest is for you to learn new things; we just want to make sure you make a lot of effort on your own.
Am I allowed to privately distribute copies of my in-dev program to beta testers for review and suggestions?
I'm on it Smile

Can I present an old program, which will soon have its birthday ? Very Happy
flyingfisch wrote:
Am I allowed to privately distribute copies of my in-dev program to beta testers for review and suggestions?
No, you are not. All feedback must be public, and cannot include any code or binaries released to anyone publicly or privately before the deadline.

Matrefey: Have you released it before?
Will a game you made before still be legimate for this contest?
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Am I allowed to privately distribute copies of my in-dev program to beta testers for review and suggestions?
No, you are not. All feedback must be public, and cannot include any code or binaries released to anyone publicly or privately before the deadline.

Matrefey: Have you released it before?


So I couldn't let my younger brother test it?
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Am I allowed to privately distribute copies of my in-dev program to beta testers for review and suggestions?
No, you are not. All feedback must be public, and cannot include any code or binaries released to anyone publicly or privately before the deadline.

Matrefey: Have you released it before?


So I couldn't let my younger brother test it?


This cause the nature of my game requires 2 people to play...
geekboy1011 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Am I allowed to privately distribute copies of my in-dev program to beta testers for review and suggestions?
No, you are not. All feedback must be public, and cannot include any code or binaries released to anyone publicly or privately before the deadline.

Matrefey: Have you released it before?


So I couldn't let my younger brother test it?


This cause the nature of my game requires 2 people to play...

Same here. I was thinking about incorporating a two-player-one-calc mode, but its sorta hard to test it by yourself.
Can we port one of our game into another platform?
Eiyeron wrote:
Can we port one of our game into another platform?
If you're porting one of your own projects from calculator to calculator, especially if it's one that's source-compatible, you should make sure you add a serious twist to it, feature-wise. Smile Remember, originality and creativity are the big factors in grading this contest.
Okay, I'll remeber that! I have two ideas (NOT Bust-A-Move, I cannot compile on nspire nsdl anymore with the last version of nsdl)...
@KermMartian in fact I'm speaking about Jetpack 8x+. It's a port of an iOS game, but I already released it (even if I never released the source to anyone).
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement