Maybe we should make the situation easier by hurrying up and getting even more states? Maybe 10? Razz
CalebHansberry wrote:
Maybe we should make the situation easier by hurrying up and getting even more states? Maybe 10? Razz
Maybe we could make the US Virgin Islands a state at the same time.
Seriously? Guam would be bad enough... The only way I could see the US Virgin Islands getting any sort of statehood, at least at the moment, would be having some sort of 'US overseas territories'.
Perhaps "sudo-states" would be a good idea; but perhaps not.
turiqwalrus wrote:
Seriously? Guam would be bad enough... The only way I could see the US Virgin Islands getting any sort of statehood, at least at the moment, would be having some sort of 'US overseas territories'.

Like...Hawaii?
KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:
Maybe we should make the situation easier by hurrying up and getting even more states? Maybe 10? :P

US Virgin islands have 100,000 people living on them. To put this in perspective, Puerto Rico has 3 million, and even Wyoming has 500,000.
seana11 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:

US Virgin islands have 100,000 people living on them. To put this in perspective, Puerto Rico has 3 million, and even Wyoming has 500,000.

We could always invite Canada.
We could make all the island territories into states, and allow the south to secede. Then we wouldn't have to change the flag or the number of seats in the Senate, and as bonus we'd no longer have to put up with BS from below the Mason-Dixon.
This and This might "solve" the 51 star "problem" ... ?
elfprince13 wrote:
seana11 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:

We could always invite Canada.
Speaking of which, I heard that if Québec secedes from Canada, Vermont might secede from the US and join Québec.
You guys didn't want us last time around. After we won our independence from NH and NY, we tried joining the US, then Quebec, then the US again in that order. Also, I suspect you wouldn't be much fond of the way we treat the French language.
i like the french language, but it is a pain in the ### to learn. ill just use some translator or something.
If I remember correctly, Québec wanted to join the US before joining Canada in 1867.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Perhaps "sudo-states" would be a good idea; but perhaps not.
No one state should have all that privilege.
They actually have premade flag designs for up to 60 states, it doesn't take all that much to make them, and it's just handy to be prepared.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours