About a month or so back I started noticing some odd behavior within the mobile version of Cemetech on my iOS devices. YouTube embeds would continually expand downward. I started debugging but haven't gotten the results I was looking for yet. My traditional debugger gives height and width values for div's, spans, etc but the debugger on iOS does not, but I can at least inspect the code from my desktop.

I'm not sure when the issue started happening, maybe iOS6. Can anyone with an iOS Device confirm or deny this and with which iOS version? I've had it happen on an iPhone and an iPad, can't say it happens on an iPod Touch but I can only assume it does. I've got an iPod Touch on iOS2 and I'll try it there when I get the chance.

I've adjusted the YouTube video size for embeds to no avail. So, I'm turning to any applicable users for help. Thanks in advance.
I've since fixed the issue. It turns out youtube videos can't be embedded as they were,
Code:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{YOUTUBEID}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

They are now embedded in an iFrame as follows:

Code:
<iframe id="ytplayer" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{YOUTUBEID}" frameborder="0"/></iframe>

And the whole Google Help Document for the new embed method wasn't very helpful since it left off the closing iFrame tag, and threw C6M through some sudden stops when it embedded a video.
Nice job tracking this down and solving it, comicIDIOT. I'm glad you're on top of keeping the site operating smoothly for our mobile users.
Too bad it still looks like a.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Too bad it still looks like a.

Good thing no one uses it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours