Hi all,

Earlier today I went out and bought a TI-84+ SE. After I'd gotten everything restored, backed up, organized, and etc. I decided to finally try to connect to gCn.

First of all, this Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. The calc is running DCS7.2b and OS 2.55MP. I started with some problems off the bat. Instead of libusb detecting the directUSB cable, Windows installed a driver for it instead. I decided to try to run gCnclient anyways. These are the arguments I gave it:

gcnclient -d d -n WebHub -l Tech -r

Here's what it replied with:

Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Resolved hostname.
Wrote 19 bytes to socket (join msg)

After it did that, I opened Gossamer. It stayed on the "Loading page..." section for a long, long time. Indeed, it never even stopped.
After a while, this happened:

Direct USB device may have stopped responding...
Direct USB device stopped responding: status code -5!

I'm more or less convinced this has to do with not installing the filter driver. But if libusb can't detect it, what can I do...?

EDIT: Sometimes I also get this:

Wrote 19 bytes to socket (join msg)
Received 52 bytes
FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA 0A 3F 69 FFFFFFDB 76 28 00 2E 68 74
74 70 3A 2F 2F 77 77 77 2E 63 65 6D 65 74 65 63 68 2E 6E 65 74 2F 67 63 6E 2F 7
0 6F 72 74 61 6C 2E 68 74 6D 6C
Sent frame of length 40 to server
Wrote 58 bytes to socket (frame msg)
Direct USB device still connected.

Nevertheless, the loading screen still remains there.
I am confused how you're getting any data at all without the filter driver. Troubleshooting step one is to install the filter driver.
That's my problem. I can't get the filter to find my directUSB cable. Oddly enough, it finds the TI SilverLink with no problem at all. What am I missing?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours