techboy6601 wrote:
I'm still in favor of a contest where you take a game, recreate it (using Axe, ASM, TI-BASIC, etc.) and then add your own spin to make it better.

I like this idea. Good Idea
Maybe there should be a poll with all the ideas to have it nice democratically.
Oh, and i personally like the gCn idea most.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
techboy6601 wrote:
I'm still in favor of a contest where you take a game, recreate it (using Axe, ASM, TI-BASIC, etc.) and then add your own spin to make it better.

So everyone would prefer recreating a concept from scratch instead of modifying an existing program? I almost like modifying an existing program the most as a bit unorthodox. Sorunome: Unfortunately, it's not a democracy. Wink I too like the gCn idea a lot, but we don't have the framework in place for BASIC yet.
KermMartian wrote:
Spenceboy98 wrote:
techboy6601 wrote:

So everyone would prefer recreating a concept from scratch instead of modifying an existing program? I almost like modifying an existing program the most as a bit unorthodox. Sorunome: Unfortunately, it's not a democracy. Wink I too like the gCn idea a lot, but we don't have the framework in place for BASIC yet.

I just like the idea of trying to port a popular game. Right now I have no motivation, but if it were a contest, maybe I'd try.
I'm in favor of taking a game/program and modifying it to make it do something different or to add features.
It would be nice to have prizm contest....
Well, then how about having two options, either extensively modifying an existing, released game/program (with the author's permission) or porting a non-calculator game and giving it a new spin (no direct ports allowed)? Categories could be z80 calculators (ASM, Axe, and BASIC judged and weighted together), Casio calculators (fx9860g and Prizm, although we'd probably only get Prizm entries), and computers.
I'll do a Prizm spin off of...something easy like Asteroids..or maybe finish my enduro??
Kerm: you could do a LuaFX/ZM contest...
if he did luazm I could try and finish my enduro Very Happy...still clueless with luazm though
All Prizm languages would be allowed for the Casio portion. There don't seem to have been any objections yet for this; what do you all say?
KermMartian wrote:
All Prizm languages would be allowed for the Casio portion. There don't seem to have been any objections yet for this; what do you all say?

I have no objections. Smile
Great. Then unless someone brings up serious objections in the next day or two, I will announce the contest in a few days:

Topic: Entrants have two options: (1) extensively modify an existing, released game/program (with the author's permission) to add novel features (points for creativity and originality) or (2) porting a non-calculator game and giving it a new spin (no direct ports allowed).
Categories: (1) z80 calculators (ASM, Axe, and BASIC judged and weighted together), (2) Casio calculators (fx9860g and Prizm, although we'd probably only get Prizm entries), and (3) computers.
Deadline: January 21, 2013
Constraints: Everyone needs a topic in the Contest subforum here, like last time. No private help from others.
I OBJECT!
Any particular reason..?
No. Vicodin just leaving me in an oddly trolly mood.

Admin note: aes_sedia busted his knee and is using them as prescribed.
_player1537 wrote:
Any particular reason..?
I'm going to assume he's just making unnecessary noise for now and continue to record no objections to the proposal.
ok, I have no objections. Can we enter games that we started a while ago, and epically failed on? (thinking calcopoly) I know it says NO PRIVATE HELP, but can we have someone draw our sprites? Or are we stuck with character sprites? if we are not artistic enough to draw our own?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
ok, I have no objections. Can we enter games that we started a while ago, and epically failed on? (thinking calcopoly) I know it says NO PRIVATE HELP, but can we have someone draw our sprites? Or are we stuck with character sprites? if we are not artistic enough to draw our own?
I might be convinced to accept a team of two users together, but I'm thinking strongly that this contest may have prize(s), in which case it would be up to a team to decide how to divide the spoils. Of course, I'd expect a program made by a pair of members to be twice as good as one made by a single member, and grade it accordingly.
Hmm. I will think on that. My logic does not wrap around games well, but maybe this time will be different.. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours