Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Glad to hear it! Then I will shortly announce jsTIfied 1.0, if I can solve that bug. I even think I have all my debugger features in place, other than the `jr` instruction not properly calculating target addresses.
*bump* jsTIfied's crystal timer-based interrupts are fixed to be iterative rather than recursive in certain corner cases, making it boot GlassOS properly. Huzzah.
Do you plan to add support to send multiple files at once instead of just one by one? It might be nice for games that has dozens of separate files (especially Zelda, which has 210+)
Hey, question, is the source avaiable in a git repo or something? Since I would to try and rewrite this using node.js for my own computer.
DJ_O wrote:
Do you plan to add support to send multiple files at once instead of just one by one? It might be nice for games that has dozens of separate files (especially Zelda, which has 210+)
It supports group files.

Link: No, this is not a FOSS project. There are various reasons why it won't work as a local application.
Not meaning to be rude here, but why isn't it FOSS? And why won't it work as a local application?
Since it _is_ javascript, it would be easy to just rip it off. Technically, it is open-sourced, even if it uses obfuscated code, but it isn't free.
AHelper wrote:
Since it _is_ javascript, it would be easy to just rip it off. Technically, it is open-sourced, even if it uses obfuscated code, but it isn't free.
Well, it depends on some components on the Cemetech server, and it'll be missing some features without those components. Some fairly important components, for that matter. Smile
Ahh, okay then. That makes sense.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ_O wrote:
Do you plan to add support to send multiple files at once instead of just one by one? It might be nice for games that has dozens of separate files (especially Zelda, which has 210+)
It supports group files.

Link: No, this is not a FOSS project. There are various reasons why it won't work as a local application.


Yeah but the problem is that the files in question aren't grouped. WHen sending them to the calc, they need to be sent directly to archive, which is impossible with jsTIfied (it loads them into RAM). By the way I did notice we could drag and drop files into the screen now, which surprised me since I thought this was impossible in an Internet browser Razz, so I could send multiple files at once.

With WabbitEmu, when dragging files on the screen, RAM and Archive appears and you can choose. In PindurTI and JsTIfied, if I want to send Zelda to the emulator, I have to send a tiny bunch of files at once, manually archive them, send another bunch, archive them, send another bunch, archive them and so on, which I have to do about 8 times or so. In WabbitEmu, you just drag and drop all 119 archive programs into the archive and you're set.

EDIT: Also jsTIfied appears to lack support for Picture 11 to 255 (the said hacked pic files). Sending them grouped gives an error
The drag-and-drop has been there since I implemented file loading. Smile Yes, I have considered WabbitEmu-style drag-to-RAM and drag-to-Archive, but I never got around to implementing it. If you think that would be a good feature to add, I can put it on my to-do list.
Yeah, I just noticed now since I thought that in most Internet browsers, when dragging a files into the page the browser would just try to open the file itself.

As for drag-to-archive, what would be cool too is the ability to send group to the calc without ungrouping them at all, like we can do with TI-Graph Link and on certain computers with TI-Connect. That can be handy sometimes when sending files with illegal tokens or file names (eg hacked pics, as I mention in my post edit above, or Omnicalc v1.00 and 1.01 extra tokens)
Feature request: It would be cool if after taking a screenshot, it uploaded it to imgur or somewhere like that.
(as a countervailing opinion, my personal preference is to have control of the screenshot and choose where to upload it when done).
Right, I meant, like, have a button that does it afterwards, so you can save it if you want, or just upload it. Maybe even make it configurable what host it uses.
merthsoft wrote:
Right, I meant, like, have a button that does it afterwards, so you can save it if you want, or just upload it. Maybe even make it configurable what host it uses.
I could check into that, although I'm not sure what sort of APIs jsTIfied could access. If it's relatively straightforward, then I am certainly happy to make that a feature, as it would make sharing in-dev screenshots here on Cemetech (and on other sites) much easier.
The API is a really simple HTTP request based API. I don't see any reason why a javascript application shouldn't have access to something like that...

This would even be something I'd be willing to help you work on, if you'd like.
merthsoft wrote:
The API is a really simple HTTP request based API. I don't see any reason why a javascript application shouldn't have access to something like that...

This would even be something I'd be willing to help you work on, if you'd like.
Since the API is on a different domain, I'd have to use the iFrame tricks to access Imgur, or let the server-side PHP handle it. Since a secret client token identifying the application must be sent, I think it's clear that server-side is my best (only?) option. I would love your help with that, if you have time, but I understand if you don't.
Oh, can JavaScript not make calls like that across domains? That's stupid. If that is the case, then server side'll have to do, but I don't think that's too bad, either. Either way I'd be glad to help out.
merthsoft wrote:
Oh, can JavaScript not make calls like that across domains? That's stupid. If that is the case, then server side'll have to do, but I don't think that's too bad, either. Either way I'd be glad to help out.
It's not stupid; it's a way to prevent cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. Smile All major browsers enforce it. And awesome, thanks. I already have to bounce GIF data through the server in order to deliver it to clients, so do you think we should let them simultaneously upload to imgur and download, or choose to upload OR download? I'm thinking that the latter makes more sense.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement