Here is a good deal on a TI-keyboard: [Link]
Are you selling this?
willwac wrote:
Are you selling this?
Nope.

Here is my TI-85 for auction on eBay: TI-85 TI85 Texas Instruments Graphing Calculator w/cover - Good condition! It is a pretty good deal, as it is currently going for the price of shipping. It works great!
Please buy it and support me! Razz

[EDIT] Note I'll also sell my TI-82 later on, I think.

Also, I am in the market for a TI-86 or TI-89, if there are any for $25 or less, and fixable is good too.
you only ship to US?
cuz i live in the netherlands, and i am kinda interested in buying calcs Smile
legodude wrote:
You only ship to US?
Cuz I live in the Netherlands, and I am kinda interested in buying calcs. Smile

Eh... to be honest, I have no knowledge of the setting that tells where I can ship to. I have no problem with shipping to the Netherlands, as long as the buyer still pays the shipping, as this auction has "Calculated" shipping. Sorry about that! If you wish to buy my other calc, the TI-82, you can PM me.

Remember everyone else, my auction for a TI-85 in great condition is still going!
The auction ends tomorrow, one o'clock mountain time. I hope it doesn't end on the current bid, 1 cent. Sad
You should have set a reserve, or whatever they call it when you set a minimum bid.
DShiznit wrote:
You should have set a reserve, or whatever they call it when you set a minimum bid.

True.
Here is a nifty piece of history - not rare, I know, but a funny device:the Casio CFX 9850G.

Here is a decent deal on a TI-84+CSE ($108):[Link]
Yeah I got a CFX-9850G. It's the ancestor of the FX-9750G and 9750GII series, but it was the first graphing calc to feature a color screen. Casio was 14 years ahead of TI regarding color calcs. Wink
Ok, so I'm a hardware n00b, but I'm attempting my first assessment and hopefully repair of a buggy calculator!

The other day a friend gave me his second-hand TI-83+ (it might an SE I'm not sure, it's in a blue translucent case?). When I first tried to turn it on, the screen came up with a lot of garbled mess. I did the standard reset with all batteries (including the backup) out for 10-15 minutes, then tried again. Now it's even harder to get anything to come up on screen. Occasionally the [Y=] button brings up some mess, but then it disappears again.

Like I said, I've never attempted to repair a calculator before. Anyhow, I've opened it up, and as far as I can tell, the ribbon to the LCD looks to be in fine condition. Is there anything else in particular I should be checking for that I might be able to fix with my minimal skills?
Prolly not an SE, if it is, it will say "Silver Edition" on the top, where it says "TI-83+".
And, I got a calc with this same problem - I was unable to fix it, but that isn't saying much.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Prolly not an SE, if it is, it will say "Silver Edition" on the top, where it says "TI-83+".
And, I got a calc with this same problem - I was unable to fix it, but that isn't saying much.
Yeah after poking around inside I discovered it's only a 512K Flash ROM chip, so it's a BE.

I'll continue to check it out tonight, if I can't fix it, it's no big deal anyways Smile
If anyone has a good deal for a Casio Prizm, I am all ears.
Also, if anyone would like to see the innards of a Voyage 200:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006D2Q1/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1379778790&sr=8-1
The first one for 40 Dollars.
So this isn't a calculator, but... here is my ECC DDR SDRAM:
www.ebay.com/itm/111264746888
Purchased. I've been looking for that type of RAM for a while -- thanks CalebH!
Thank you so much, CVSoft! Very Happy Glad to help too!
Since this topic is about used/refurb/broken calculators, I might as well cross-post the lot of sixteen calculators that I'm currently selling. Only two days left!

www.ebay.com/itm/171223427207
And more RAM that worked well but I couldn't use is up - $5:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111266810645
[edit] Sold.
Unfortunately, no one purchased my lot of 16 calculators, so it's still available for the low price of $25 starting bid if you need an assortment of random calculators to challenge your repair skills, or just a bunch of calculator cases and parts to fix other calculators or put Gameboys and TI-89s inside. Wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171229066229

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours