I wish someone would buy this poor calculator. It looks so fixable. This one looks hopeful too - perhaps it would work better if the OS was upgraded.
The first was is fixable; I'll try to get it. I'll leave the second one for someone else. I just have so many TI-83+ calculators these days from fixing them that I don't feel like fixing more of them. I suppose I could fix them and make a profit or something.
could always give me one my poor 84+ se is getting old Razz
If I could I would totally buy it. xD however I believe Kerm could fix it where as I have no experience Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
The first was is fixable; I'll try to get it. I'll leave the second one for someone else. I just have so many TI-83+ calculators these days from fixing them that I don't feel like fixing more of them. I suppose I could fix them and make a profit or something.

But with moar of them you could eventually host Cemetech on them! Shock
Yes, the first one looked better. I would be glad if it went to a good home Smile
I'm pretty sure you could start your own repair service/ used calc sales here on Cemetech, if you wanted :p just have to watch out for the IRS and their cronies Wink
Use the profit to host the website, then it becomes non-profit Very Happy

Or maybe use them as contest prizes?
tifreak8x wrote:
I'm pretty sure you could start your own repair service/ used calc sales here on Cemetech, if you wanted :p just have to watch out for the IRS and their cronies Wink
The problem is that I get too attached to the ones that I fix to sell them again. Sad And don't worry, I pay my taxes like a good American, to the tune of a massive percentage of my income. :/
KermMartian wrote:
I suppose I could fix them and make a profit or something.

Does this still apply? http://xkcd.com/768/
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yes, it certainly does, although in this case it would be to my benefit.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yes, it certainly does, although in this case it would be to my benefit.

That's what I was thinking Smile I was wondering if the equivalent pay-per-hour would be worth the time investment. Seems like it could be.
If any of you are interested in getting started with experimenting with calculator repair and different models, I recommend this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321005081020
^^ The first one, "Black screen" probably just needs the brightness turned up. lol, i did that a few times. Sad
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
^^ The first one, "Black screen" probably just needs the brightness turned up. 0x5, i did that a few times. Sad
Nope, that's indicative of a ribbon cable failure: the command to send data to the screen is not arriving properly. It will take resoldering to get that one working.
KermMartian wrote:
If any of you are interested in getting started with experimenting with calculator repair and different models, I recommend this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321005081020

Wow, excellent deal!

I am glad somebody changed the title of this topic to something more logical.
Well, I figured it would be a good place for people to let others know about various cheap calculator deals. What are we for if not to help each other out and look out for each other? Smile Also, I just grabbed a set of 15 calculators for $40 shipped: 4x TI-83+, 1x TI-83, and 10x TI-82. Feel free to let me know if any of you would like a TI-82; once I fix them all, I'll sell most of them for a nominal fee, since I don't need many of them for my collection.
No, I don't need a TI-82. But for the record, I would like a 86, 89, 92, or 92+!
CalebHansberry wrote:
No, I don't need a TI-82. But for the record, I would like a 86, 89, 92, or 92+!
You can grab TI-92 and TI-92+ calculators for about $30 on eBay, if you work it carefully, but based on what you've mentioned before, I believe that may be out of your budget. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:
You can grab TI-92 and TI-92+ calculators for about $30 on eBay, if you work it carefully, but based on what you've mentioned before, I believe that may be out of your budget. Sad

Yes, my goal is about $18.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours