After working on this subproject for 2 days, I am able to release PJumpingCube, a clone of KDE's KJumpingCube. This add-in features my engine, still a WIP, and not fully used in this add-in.

The object of the game is to control the entire board by increasing the values of dice to overflow into others, thus capturing surrounding dice. The game currently features an AI for single player mode as well as 2 player mode. More modes are yet to be added.

Since this is a beta release, any feedback and bug reports are welcome. You can download it in the archives.

<edit> Beta v0.2 released 10/4/12
It looks nice - I'm yet to learn how to play it, though.

Too bad I can't load this on the emulator to get you proper screenshots - it's impossible to load the JumpData folder because it is mixed-case (and so it can't be created using the S-mem folder management tool for it), and the emulator does not import folders.
As a result of this, the game shows garbled images when run. You really should check if the data files are there, at the start of the game.
o_O I already have code to see if it can't open the data file. I will need to look at it again.
Hey, this game! It's nice to see a prizm port of it, even though I never seem to beat the AI normally...
Very Happy I have my own AI in it and the difficulty should be considered 'Easy' for now. I will add in 'Medium' in a day or so as I only need to change up some values in the AI functions.

v0.2 will be released later today with a bug fix (from gbl08ma) and some enhancements. Fixing a bug where the win screen uses the wrong key reading function.

Future: Looking at making a puzzle mode. Adding in more AI code to make it smarter. It doesn't simulate moves, but it will know what moves to do by examining chains of max values.
I loaded it onto my prizm and all I saw was mostly static and the actual typed words.
That's because you didn't load the data files in a folder called JumpData.
Ok thanks i couldn't figure out how to read the read me at first.
fun game, when I lost the blue just kept going and going and going so I had to reset the calc.
Maybe a pause button or teacher key for during the animation so you can still get out?
Why is it that when I lose blue just keeps going forever?
flyingfisch wrote:

When green wins, also happens the same.
helder7 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

When green wins, also happens the same.

I know right! BUG!!!!
This has already been fixed. I have an MCS bug that prevents me from releasing the update.
Latest version is out. This fixes all bugs above and also adds in saving of the game when you exit out.
AHelper wrote:
Latest version is out. This fixes all bugs above and also adds in saving of the game when you exit out.
Great to hear! I'm curious what you did to fix the MCS problems, by the way.
I was dumping the level data created by my engine directly to an MCS file. Didn't like that. I just saved only critical parts then recreated all level data when loading.

For the other issue of the MCS: When you delete a file in a folder and the folder is empty, is isn't visible. Now, also note that all addins have their own folder created for them by the OS. Mine was @Jumping, so I just saved my state data there and poof, the folder shows up.
Progress has started again on this, but not for the Prizm. I am going to port PJumpingCube to javascript using emscripten and see how it goes.
But.. We need more Prizm games :<
Notice: I haven't gotten reports about any fatal crashing of this addin or memory corruption, however going through the asymmetric engine's sources, I discovered that the code assumes the location of the backup VRAM in a particular section and does not use the calculated position. I will try to get a patch out for this, even if the BVRAM hasn't changed address or if the code isn't executed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours