veseoj wrote:
Great booth guys, had tons of fun!
Thanks, glad to hear it! Thanks for coming to Maker Faire and for stopping by, and I hope we can help you get into some cool hacking.
COngrats KermM! You're for sure the calc community ambassador! :p
Eiyeron wrote:
COngrats KermM! You're for sure the calc community ambassador! :p
Haha, thanks, Eiyeron! Now if only Texas Instruments would recognize that as well. Smile
Which games were on showcast this year?
Eiyeron wrote:
On the TI-84+SE, my own, of course (Invalid Tangram, DCSPong, Obliterate, and a few others), plus classics like Doom, Phoenix, Minesweeper, Phantom Star, Super Mario, and the newbie Fruit Ninja. On the Prizm, almost every game that has been released as an Add-In to date. Smile
Yay! I am sure the site can welcome the new users and views on various sites like Hack a day (yet again Razz ).
AHelper wrote:
Yay! I am sure the site can welcome the new users and views on various sites like Hack a day (yet again Razz ).
Indeed, and I think this is a more targeted way to get new programming teachers and students and more hackers, since the 850 bookmarks I gave out went to people interested enough to visit a table with a 6-foot calculator poster at a Faire that was already about Making and hacking.
KermMartian wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:
On the TI-84+SE, my own, of course (Invalid Tangram, DCSPong, Obliterate, and a few others), plus classics like Doom, Phoenix, Minesweeper, Phantom Star, Super Mario, and the newbie Fruit Ninja. On the Prizm, almost every game that has been released as an Add-In to date. Smile

Even Mine? Oo"
Even yours! I had it set up to show Tetrizm as the main demo, but tons of people went exploring around and played the other games (including yours).
I would have to say you had an awesome booth. I visited on Sunday ( I was the guy in the red jacket whose sister lost all his programs ), and I would have to say you really had some cool stuff there! I figured I might as well pick some programming back up, so I'll probably be hanging around.
SnowLeopard wrote:
I would have to say you had an awesome booth. I visited on Sunday ( I was the guy in the red jacket whose sister lost all his programs ), and I would have to say you really had some cool stuff there! I figured I might as well pick some programming back up, so I'll probably be hanging around.
SnowLeopard, yes, I remember you; I was the tall guy. I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around. Might I start by asking you to Introduce Yourself so we can get to know you and your programming/hacking background?
You know, now that you have a year to prepare, you should set up a discussion on what to do for next year. :p

A couple of posters showing examples of BASIC and ASM code would be good. Heck, might even have a playable beta of pokemon to really get people's attention by that point. Very Happy Might leave that on a calc for people to see the differences in languages.
Hmm, that's a pretty cool idea. The exhibits on the table the year focused on my personal hacks (other than the Play Games and What's Next calculators), while my spiel discussed TI-BASIC and ASM. A lot of people asked about languages, for that matter, so I talked about the progression from writing TI-BASIC on-calculator to compiling z80 ASM on a computer and then copying it over. I also did plenty of soap-boxing about what a great way calculator programming is to get into programming and to learn to think like a programmer, so I think a display showing off both hacks and getting people interested in the programming next year would be nice. And if I can get some more people from the community like Merth and Elfprince to show up and bring some stuff to show of their own, even better!
KermMartian wrote:
and Elfprince to show up and bring some stuff to show of their own, even better!

What's that? pure-BASIC graphics demos you say?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
and Elfprince to show up and bring some stuff to show of their own, even better!

What's that? pure-BASIC graphics demos you say?
Yes, and I volunteer you to work on some cool stuff to show for that! Smile I'll be sure to ping you all much earlier, perhaps at the beginning of summer, so we can all coordinate things to show and ways for you all to get to New York.
Woot woot. Next summer I'll likely be working on multi-agent simulations research with my dad, so I suspect I'll have more flexibility in scheduling than I might otherwise.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours