I'm having trouble finding a working memory faker which will display a fake reset of the memory but can be shown through a code or something. Something similar to BrandonW's Fake for a TI-84 plus silver edition calculator with a 2.55mp

Anybody have any ideas?
Isn't it both the same in appearance? Do you think anyone would really know the difference between the TI84+ and the TI84+SE?
Um I believe the ti-84 plus is a solid color all around while the silver has a color in the middle and a silver outline for the rest. Either way I'm just trying to find a memory faker for OS 2.55mp
I think the idea that was trying to be expressed was: Would someone really read every letter of the memory reset screen to see that "SE" was added on to the reset screen?
I just put that in to be more specific about which type of calculator I owned. I am just looking for an app that would work with a ti-84 plus calculator that with fake a complete memory reset on a calculator such as the fake app by BrandonW but working with Os 2.55mp
You could very easily program something that resembles the RAM cleared screen in hybrid TI-BASIC or Axe, since it's just displaying text and showing a 5x7 black, blinking cursor at the top left corner of the screen.
As a testament to how easy it is, I wrote several versions of such a Mem Clear program for myself and a few friends, for OS 2.43. By the way, the 84 Plus Silver Edition screen does not display "SE", it displays "Silver Edition", so you actually need to write a different version of the program for an SE. However, most non-tech-savvy teachers (the ones who are most likely to demand a mem clear in the first place) won't notice the difference.
I should mention at this point that Cemetech prefers to stick to the white-hat version of calculator hacking, and tries not to stray too far into the lying and cheating side of things. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours