Please make either the smaller GIF or the larger PNG the background on any computer you can! Smile
http://www.cemetech.net/img/dcs/dcs6/promo/ryw.gif (89.8 KB)
http://www.cemetech.net/img/dcs/dcs6/promo/ryw.png (198.0 KB)

/me is thinking on the WIN2k comps at school (or at least 2 of them)
Smile That would be cool. Do you think it came out well?
There are about 30 computers in my Visual Basic class. I think tonight I will update their backgrounds (I have installed VNC on them Evil or Very Mad ). Good Idea Great symbolism too. The world will become DoorsCS 6 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
they look good to me. The thing about the 2k comps is that only I use them (in 2k anyways, a lot of people use them in XP, but I can't change that design), I have it on my desktop, and it will soon be on the lappy
Yay! You get what it means, right? DCS lets you store to the world from your calc? Smile
Chipmaster wrote:
There are about 30 computers in my Visual Basic class. I think tonight I will update their backgrounds (I have installed VNC on them Evil or Very Mad ). Good Idea Great symbolism too. The world will become DoorsCS 6 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Wow they actually have Visual Basic classes? I read somewhere that once C and other high level languages, that were better than Visual Basic, were developped, Basic was all but abandoned on most computers. Maybe Wikipedia isn't such a reliable source...
BASIC =/= Visual BASIC. All of Microsoft Office is written in VB.
something1990 wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:

Wow they actually have Visual Basic classes? I read somewhere that once C and other high level languages, that were better than Visual Basic, were developped, Basic was all but abandoned on most computers. Maybe Wikipedia isn't such a reliable source...

we have a VB class too, but alot of your info is all backwards.

1)C is NOT high level, but low to mid level

2)While VB still sucks, .NET went a long way to improving it (far enough that its now somewhat OK - or at least, so i've heard. We are learning VB 6 since .NET can't run on the comps we are using - they are the oldest in teh school, which is somewhat ironic). Its still nowhere near other interperated languages (like Python Very Happy )

3)Its still widely used because, frankly, Visual Studio is hands-down the best IDE ever (at least, the best i've ever used - particularly 2003 and higher) - this is the biggest reason VB is still around

4)VB is the easiest lang to get setup, as all computers win95 and higher can run VB6 code natively

Just as a side note, the M$ Anti-Spyware beta is written in Visual Basic 6

Quote:
All of Microsoft Office is written in VB.

Where did you hear this? Cause office definitely is not written in VB...
A friend convinced me of that, since all the macros are written in vb...
technically VBA (VB for applications), but that is minor.

Visual BASIC was the second language I ever learned, the IDE is too easy to use. QBASIC was my first
QBASIC for me, then TI-BASIC. Smile
So back on topic, think I should make this in some other native rez?
well, what is it right now?

btw, I use 800*600 and 1024*768, depending on the computer
KermMartian wrote:
A friend convinced me of that, since all the macros are written in vb...

Office is definitely not programmed in VB, and the biggest clue of that is that it allows the user to add VB. Not even microsoft is stupid enough to have an interperated language interperate another language. VB is also meant, according to microsoft, as a SIMPLE language for rapid developement. M$'s bread and butter is Office, and they wouldn't have made it in slow as dirt VB. (particularly older versions)

Also, if you notice, office uses its own widget sets, not that of windows or VB, thats another clue
Oh, true. So what's it written in then, C++?
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, true. So what's it written in then, C++?

C/C++/C# <- take your pick, its more than likely one of em (although C# would be limited to the newer versions, if used at all, say >2003)
Fair enough. So guys, should I make this in 1200x1024 and 800x600?
deffinatly, you need to support the most common resolutions. What would it take to have DCS icons also?
i think you mean 1280x1024

Personally, i think you should just make 1 @ 1600x1200. Anyone else can just hit "stretch" mode....
Yeah, but then it looks ugly stretched by the OS

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours