gbl08ma wrote:
r4ph43110w wrote:
Hey man, bom trabalho Smile I found two bugs: the dark theme doesn't check the user settings for date format and you can lock your calculator using no code, leaving you in a bad situation (which you can solve using the restart button). Apart from that, it's a really nice tool which is going to be a must and will replace the multiple add-ins I already used from you Smile

P.S.:
Como começaste a programar na calculadora? Que tutoriais seguiste? Queria mesmo começar a fazer o mesmo mas não tenho ponto de partida. Qualquer resposta é bem-vinda Smile

I'm without internet at home, so that explains why I haven't been online recently. Hopefully the situation should be solved soon, and I'll be able to upload the recent changes to the Utilities add-in.
From the last uploaded version to now, I have fixed lots of bugs, including the two r4ph reported (I experienced the lock without password one myself while installing the add-in on a friend's calculator).
I have added event editing, copying and moving. Event text input is even better, to the point I'd say is almost perfect.
Events are now colored according to their category. I found out how the MBstring2 syscalls work (BTW: Simon's docs are wrong for these syscalls).
And because I found out lots of people don't want the calculator lock function, I have developed a system to disable it (involves typing some commands into a command-line like thing, and after that, lock is gone).

If I learn to copy code to the IL memory or some other of the RAM that isn't changed by the OS, then expect to have a clock on the statusbar on most programs for the next release. I plan to do this with system timers, which I learned today how to work with. User timers are cleared when you switch add-ins, but system timers like no. 3 are not. The problem is getting the timer handle to survive out of the add-in.

A todo list is on the todo list Smile

r4ph: I'm going to reply in English so everyone understands (including you, I hope). I started developing for the Prizm while learning C, but I already had a great background of writing code in other languages. I basically downloaded the unofficial SDK from Cemetech, looked at the examples and started working with it. I don't remember following any tutorials, but a great deal of my code is copied from other open-source Prizm add-ins which I then modified to my needs. At this point, I'd say 65% of the code on this add-in is original code. Tell me if you need any help, feel free to contact me through email (the address is on my add-ins).

IL memory is not retained on power down. RS memory is used for the powerdown code by the OS and reloaded each time.
AHelper wrote:
IL memory is not retained on power down. RS memory is used for the powerdown code by the OS and reloaded each time.

I thought of that already, and I think that if I got the timer handle to run from the IL memory, it would work until the next power off (and when the calculator came back on, it would return a system error because the timer handle is no longer where it used to be).

Can we copy code and run from RS memory, surviving reboots? Is there some code, even if it is some assembly (which I don't understand) that we can glue together with C code in order to put instructions in the RS memory?
The code for showing the clock would be some 50 lines of add-in-independent code (for reading the RTC registers and building the time string), and then a call to the syscall that sets the statusbar message.

I'd like to spend the remaining days of my fx-CG Manager Trial testing out these things without harming my real calculator, even though the emulator would not allow for testing if the code survives the power down.
gbl08ma wrote:
AHelper wrote:

I thought of that already, and I think that if I got the timer handle to run from the IL memory, it would work until the next power off (and when the calculator came back on, it would return a system error because the timer handle is no longer where it used to be).

Can we copy code and run from RS memory, surviving reboots? Is there some code, even if it is some assembly (which I don't understand) that we can glue together with C code in order to put instructions in the RS memory?
The code for showing the clock would be some 50 lines of add-in-independent code (for reading the RTC registers and building the time string), and then a call to the syscall that sets the statusbar message.

I'd like to spend the remaining days of my fx-CG Manager Trial testing out these things without harming my real calculator, even though the emulator would not allow for testing if the code survives the power down.

I think if you run the fx-cg manager with wine it never expires...
I just said that RS memory is used for the reboot code. You can't use it as it is wiped with the OS code.

What about addins that use use the message bar?
flyingfisch wrote:

I run it with Wine, and the countdown on the about screen keeps running... let's see what happens when it gets to zero.

AHelper: Ah thanks, I misunderstood and thought not all of the RS memory was wiped and I could use a free section of it. I must find some other accessible part of the RAM that isn't used, then.

The idea is that the timer handle code is smart enough to check if there's text in the statusbar before replacing it with the clock, and to enable the SAF_TEXT flag when it is not enabled. This way the OS and other add-ins can still show messages in the statusbar without they being replaced with the clock.
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

I run it with Wine, and the countdown on the about screen keeps running... let's see what happens when it gets to zero.

AHelper: Ah thanks, I misunderstood and thought not all of the RS memory was wiped and I could use a free section of it. I must find some other accessible part of the RAM that isn't used, then.

The idea is that the timer handle code is smart enough to check if there's text in the statusbar before replacing it with the clock, and to enable the SAF_TEXT flag when it is not enabled. This way the OS and other add-ins can still show messages in the statusbar without they being replaced with the clock.

You can easily reset wine registries if it does stop working after it gets to 0 Wink
gbl08ma wrote:
I'm developing an add-in which will include the functionality of some of the existing utility add-ins, while adding new functionality and utilities.
The add-in starts with a view of the current time and date...

Is the resolution really this good on a PRIZM?
@Gin: yes.
flyingfisch wrote:

You can easily reset wine registries if it does stop working after it gets to 0 Wink

If registries are cleared, the program stops working (I guess I could reinstall then, though). I checked, the software needs some registry entries that are unique to each install.
oh, ok, but still, reinstalling doesn't take very long Wink
Does the PRIZM have 16-bit color?
GinDiamond wrote:

It's 8-bit on most screens but it is perfectly capable of RGB565 when it is needed (main menu, games, displaying pictures).

On on-topic news, Beta 3 (did I even post Beta 1?) is out at http://tny.im/hP . Changelog is too long so try to find it for yourself, I posted part of it yesterday in my long post, anyway.
Please delete the "Set" file in the @UTILS folder in main memory before running the add-in, because there are new settings.
Four important things you should look at: Event editing and copying/moving, the flashlight now blinks faster and you get notified of timers finishing through a message in the statusbar, at any point in the add-in (requires the whole screen to be refreshed for the message to update, so keep in mind it's not real-time).

Many bugs are fixed, including those r4ph reported (still unsure about the no-password-lock one), and the dark-themed home screen is very improved.

I really don't want to make myself look proud but it seems like I managed to put lots of usefulness in about 140 KB, when compared to the 7MB the OS takes (was a clock really that hard to add?).
Enjoy and report any more bugs you may find.
GinDiamond wrote:

Yes, RGB 5-6-5.
it is not 8 bit color, it is either 3 bit (8 colors) or 16 bit color.
Thanks for the update Smile However, I have spotted two more bugs: when unlocking the calculator, it throws you into Run-Matrix mode inside the add-in. If you exit to the menu and get back in, you are still stuck at Run-Matrix mode. As it happens with a lot of add-ins that break, the solution is usually opening any other add-in and then get back to the Utilities. The other bug I have found (but I am quite sure this one is not fixable) is that when you are in Morse or Network light mode, if you exit the add-in while the screen is dark the screen will stay dimmed. Apart from these, this add-in is getting really nice, and I really look forward to the stopwatch mode. Keep up with the good work Smile
umm, another thing, in lantern mode, can you make only the [exit] key exit? I have used it but found that it can be annoying when you accidentally bump a key and the light turns off. also, keeping the calc from auto-powering off in this mode would be nice too. Wink
GinDiamond wrote:
Please, oh please, stop hijacking threads. This is getting to be a real nuisance.
KermMartian wrote:
GinDiamond wrote:
Please, oh please, stop hijacking threads. This is getting to be a real nuisance.

^^
More specifically..
But I digress. Trying to get this back on-topic:

gbl08ma wrote:
I really don't want to make myself look proud but it seems like I managed to put lots of usefulness in about 140 KB, when compared to the 7MB the OS takes (was a clock really that hard to add?).
Have you experimented with optimizations in the compiler at all? Writing up a guide on useful optimization techniques mostly related to memory layout and compiler options has been on my list for a while. I suspect building with LTO (-flto) will save you at least a little bit of function overhead, for example.
How is 3-bit color the same as 8-bit or 16-bit?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours