Sublime Text is the editor I use, so it falls into the "development tools" list I mentioned.

And if we're going to talk about disassembling starting points, well, Simon has an even better one Smile but he never shared it, AFAIK.
That is a shame that his disassembly would go to waste like that. Why go through the effort and not take the the two minutes to upload the file? Also I will be willing to share what I have publicly.
Well, when I said that, I assumed he uses IDA and doesn't do everything by hand or with some other disassembler, but the fact is that I'm not sure where I got that idea, so he may actually have no file to share.
I am also using IDA pro and there is the idb file that he could share if he wants. Also he could of course export as plain text.
IDA Pro 6.5 is around... finally.
Analysis on this release seems better. I admit to have forgotten about working on this disassembly but at some point I will get to it.
I would love to see the subject of OS reverse-engineering done and discussed in depth, but... please do not hijack threads.
Ignoring your complaint and hijacking again...

The ARM decompiler is around.
This might be important for Nspire hackers.
TeamFX wrote:
Ignoring your complaint and hijacking again...

The ARM decompiler is around.
This might be important for Nspire hackers.
That's great news, but I think this might be better news for the HP Prime OS development efforts (see the DummyOS topic).
Even fewer people care about the Prime than about the Nspire, though.
I'm baffled. Even Kerm goes off-topic, to what this thread has come! Is there some new fee on topic creation that I don't know about?
KermMartian was trying to get us back on topic by suggesting where such discussion should go, I don't see it as off topic due to the goal of getting us back on topic.
Yes, now that I re-read Kerm's post I can see a implicit note to move discussion to the topic he linked to.

Anyway, on the subject of this thread...
I plan to release a v1.5 of Utilities, with the only news being the ability to view JPEGs directly from the file manager (even if slower than viewing them with the dedicated add-in), a bug fix[1], and possibly some minor cosmetic changes. Other than the bug, v1.4 appears to have no problems, so if you avoid pressing F1 on the tasks screen when no tasks exist, there will be no need to update.

[1]: https://github.com/gbl08ma/utilities/commit/635511086fa06443b4ddb315208cb4a3ce8ab3d8
Hello, I know this post is not already commented for some time, but I have a question regarding this program.
In part of the "Add-in Manager - Allows add-ins for hiding from the Main Menu without uninstalling them" how do I do to "hide" the program I want from the Main Menu?

Sorry for my english, i'm a Portuguese guy Smile

EDIT: I already solve it, just press F1 (CHANGE) in the wanted program, and it don't show in the Main Menu.
As I wrote some posts ago, there will be a v1.5 of Utilities after all. I don't know when I will release it, but one thing is certain: it will have many new features. One of these features is the ability to interpret C code using PicoC, with support for most syscalls and Utilities functions.

More information at: http://gbl08ma.com/picoc-comes-to-the-prizm-and-other-upcoming-utilities-v1-5-features/

Here's a video showing some of the new features. The PicoC part starts at 3:30: http://vimeo.com/118305208
That's looks very interesting ! I'm also glad this project is still alive. The PicoC implementation is just so promising, and from what I see in the video, it already works well ! Smile
Keep up doing that so great job !
gbl08ma wrote:
As I wrote some posts ago, there will be a v1.5 of Utilities after all. I don't know when I will release it, but one thing is certain: it will have many new features. One of these features is the ability to interpret C code using PicoC, with support for most syscalls and Utilities functions.

More information at: http://gbl08ma.com/picoc-comes-to-the-prizm-and-other-upcoming-utilities-v1-5-features/

Here's a video showing some of the new features. The PicoC part starts at 3:30: http://vimeo.com/118305208

That's so cool of you - many thanks for keeping it up.

I look forward to the new features.

Would it ever be possible to actually compile C direct on Prizm at some point? ...that would eliminate PicoC (...and my windows PC's) limitations ;-)
Also additional thanks to ProgrammerNerd for the help with proper text editor.

I wonder what are the features of the new text editor - would there be content list feature like jumping to chapters via CATALOG (Shift 4) key and any formatting with colour etc if possible please?

Another feature I hope to see is a calculator to calculator chat (via 3pin cable at least) and a tutor mode sharing screen by teacher with student and vice versa if at all possible via 3pin cable or similar please.

Many thanks again to both of you and all the contributors here.
amazonka wrote:
I wonder what are the features of the new text editor

I wonder that too. Mind you, as I said in my blog post, he isn't having much free time to work on the editor. On the Utilities' GitHub there was a first version of the text editor (https://github.com/gbl08ma/utilities/pull/2 ), but it was way too buggy for me to accept it, and at some point ProgrammerNerd said he would write a new one from scratch. We exchanged some emails, but there was not much progress after that. Which is not a problem, because as I explained there isn't a deadline for the release of v1.5.

Rich-text editing (colors, etc.) isn't planned, because this is meant to be an editor for plain-text files. Rich-text editing needs are already fullfilled by eActivity.

Re: screen sharing. This is something that belongs on the OS side and actually the OS already has some screen sharing features, that work with Casio projectors or a (free) PC companion app called "Screen Receiver".

Re: calculator chat. I have tried some things related to working with the 3-pin port, and during testing with ProgrammerNerd we observed behavior that was unexpected enough to warrant me not touching anything 3-pin port related so soon (although using the simple serial syscalls would probably be OK...). Also note that wired calculator chat is pretty much useless for anything but the "whoa" factor, since you'll be pretty much limited to a 1 meter range (or how long your cable is), unless someone comes up with a low-power wireless serial that works with the TTL-levels of the 3-pin port. And even then, it's not good for much but the vanity factor.

Re: compiling on the Prizm. It is probably possible, perhaps I'm just dreaming, but I believe there's a port of tcc (tiny C compiler) to the fx-9860G already. The problem would be also having to port a way to call syscalls and the like, which would basically equate to having half of libfxcg compiling with tcc, something I'm not sure is feasible. Unless tcc can link against already existing static libraries.
Thank you for your gratitude, I am working on this right now actually.

This is a plain text editor. Plain text files do not store any additional information besides text. I could utilize the formfeed character so that you can jump by page.

I could implement an option where you could change the color scheme. You will have three choices of font sizes or in other words should the text be drawn using PrintMiniMini, PrintMini, or PrintCXY. All of these syscalls allow for arbitrary color choices.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours