Where can we start on this program, and can we see the source code for it?

Edit: I have asked Hayleia For some help on this since she is the one who has an active version of tinycraft. Now to wait for her reply.

Edit 2: For those wondering what TinyCraft and MiniCraft is well here it is;
TinyCraft

MiniCraft
You can simply open the source code in SourceCoder, if you have the source. To be honest, you would be better off just playing the game, figuring out how gameplay works, and porting it functionality-wise rather than trying to do it function-by-function. I'd say Axe and C are sufficiently different that a direct port might be frustrating. Especially since you know neither Axe nor C.
I do know a bit about java though. maybe going from java to C would be a bit easier?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Where can we start on this program, Edit: I have asked Hayleia For some help on this since she is the one who has an active version of tinycraft. Now to wait for her reply.

I thought Hayleia was a male? Shock
I do know a bit about java though. maybe going from java to C would be a bit easier?

I'd still further Kerm's suggestions. Java and C are significantly different in a large number of aspects; your best bet would be to master C as a language, and observe the game's features to make a port.
Ashbad wrote:

I'd still further Kerm's suggestions. Java and C are significantly different in a large number of aspects; your best bet would be to master C as a language, and observe the game's features to make a port.
Definitely agreed. I'd recommend learning C by starting with a few slightly smaller projects, then moving up to a project of this scale. But that's just me. Smile
Alrighty then! I know what I'm doing this year!
(Learn C)
Alrighty then! I know what I'm doing this year!
(Learn C)
Good! What can we do to help you towards that goal? Will you be working primarily with the Prizm to learn C, or doing some computer-side programming to get started? Be sure to write lots of code and read others' code.
Most likely prizm. And the best start possible.
Most likely prizm. And the best start possible.
Whelp, then grab PrizmSDK (it will be upgrading to 0.4 soon), play with some Hello World code, and start learning! Be sure to ask us any and all questions that occur to you.
O.k. will do. what do I use as an editor?
O.k. will do. what do I use as an editor?
Any plain-text editor that you like is fine; even Notepad will work. I favor Notepad++, as it has tabbed editing, beautiful syntax highlighting, and is fast, lightweight, but feature-full. I'd recommend it strongly.
Thanks for that input.
Sorry for the late answer.
If you want me to share my code, I can, but as Ashbad and Kerm said, that may not be of any help to you if you don't know Axe. Moreover, some things are still missing in the game so even if you manage to port my code, you still have some work to do on your own. So I think that looking at the original Java code is a better idea. But if you really want my code or if you want me to help in any way, fell free to ask Smile

And that is a very good idea for a project, I'd really like to see MiniCraft ported to the Prizm Smile
Someone who know axe and prizm C? Why not? I would like to have a good minicraft like on my calc! :p
Eiyeron wrote:
Someone who know axe and prizm C? Why not? I would like to have a good minicraft like on my calc! :p
Get to it, then! But be sure to finish Bust-a-Move first; we have too many almost-finished projects in both the TI and Prizm communities.
Hahah, right! Plus i'm getting the pushers by screenshotting emulations. So... Playing for coding!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours