How was your summer? Did you do what you wanted? More, less? Any of you guys starting college for the first time? Going back? What are you excited for this school year? For the teachers out there, are you bringing any changes into your classroom this year?

Has anyone graduated, what are you up to now that you have a degree?
Well, let me start with my post from the thread you linked:

KermMartian wrote:
I'll start us off. I have several programming projects I want to complete this summer:
:: Finish and publish Sandpaper 1.0
:: Finish and publish Graph3DP 1.0 with the new gCAS2
:: Finish implementing link sending and TI-84+ support in jsTIfied, then integrate jsTIfied into SourceCoder.
I worked on SourceCoder, I am close to being finished with Graph3DP, and I implemented all that jsTIfied stuff.

Quote:
I have plenty of things to do at work:
:: Continue working on Oolong. Implement some Belief Propagation applications, try out Primary-Backup failure recovery, and consider a descriptive language for halting guarantees
:: If my paper is accepted into APSys 2012, create camera-ready version and go to the conference in July
:: Figure out what my post-Oolong work is going to be
I did everything except the last two items in the first bullet point. My paper was accepted, and I had a great conference and sightseeing experience in Seoul, South Korea. I decided I am going to be working with Infiniband-optimized distributed systems.

Quote:
Finally, I have a few miscellaneous projects:
:: Finish "Programming the TI-83+/84+" and see it on shelves by the end of the summer
:: Finish Clove 3. Current bottleneck is the USB-connected wireless host and its software.
:: Continue working on Beaglebone/RedEdition project
The latter two bullets got largely neglected. I finished my book, now "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", it is at the printer, and it will ship from the bindery in eleven days.

As far as this coming Fall goes, I will be continuing my work towards my PhD, building up sufficient research to be able to present a thesis proposal at the end of the year. I won't be teaching anything this semester, but I imagine I'll have my hands full with research. I am also going to be presenting at World Maker Faire 2012.
*bump* So, how about the rest of you? What did you get done this summer, and what do you wish you had gotten done? Any programming, hacking, or real-life plans for the fall?
Did get completed: DRUMLINE.
Didn't get completed: Programming. 8(
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
That's not good at all. Sad Do you have any plans to repair that sad non-programming state of affairs this coming semester, or will you not have time?
Well, I worked on general Prizm stuffs, but still didn't finish any of my major Prizm projects. First day of college classes :-/ And I still have free time so far!
AHelper wrote:
Well, I worked on general Prizm stuffs, but still didn't finish any of my major Prizm projects. First day of college classes :-/ And I still have free time so far!
You've been helpful to my projects, though! gCAS2 for Graph3DP, and your File Browser GUI for LuaZM!
Overall, this summer was pretty good. I got all my summer homework done, managed to get almost done with my Doctor Who game, and I wasted plenty of time on gaming, also!

I give it an 8/10 overall.
KermMartian wrote:
That's not good at all. Sad Do you have any plans to repair that sad non-programming state of affairs this coming semester, or will you not have time?

I might I think i'll start with prizm basic and work on my Prizm C experience.
Krazy: Good to hear, BASIC is a good place to find your footing with any calculator platform, I feel. Remind me again, how much previous programming experience do you have?
Qazz: Glad to hear you're almost done with your game; I hope you'll be releasing it here or at least showing us a beta soon!
KermMartian wrote:
Krazy: Good to hear, BASIC is a good place to find your footing with any calculator platform, I feel. Remind me again, how much previous programming experience do you have?

Only a year with Java and some looks at different C programming PDF's.
KermMartian wrote:

Only a year with Java and some looks at different C programming PDF's.
Well, that's a decent start, although I'm sorry that your first language had to be Java, which will be sure to initially lead you into some bad habits with C. Smile
Quote:
Qazz: Glad to hear you're almost done with your game; I hope you'll be releasing it here or at least showing us a beta soon!

Oh yes, as soon as I get the time to get all the sounds and music in order, I shall release a beta.
Well I got a job, that was working and rebuildilgn computers. so that was nice. As for gettign done with my list. psh.. barely got started.. I have more time now that i am college. (yes more time and college should not fit) so i will be working more. I am also learning the basics of C++ while will help a lot in the future
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Well I got a job, that was working and rebuildilgn computers. so that was nice. As for gettign done with my list. psh.. barely got started.. I have more time now that i am college. (yes more time and college should not fit) so i will be working more. I am also learning the basics of C++ while will help a lot in the future
That should help you with a lot of things indeed! Do you have any plans for programming projects, calculator-related or otherwise, in the near future?
I did more or less what I expected this summer (Plasma Physics), plus a fun whitewater rafting trip on the Kennebec River with some family members.

This semester I have a pretty hefty load, juggling 6 classes (E&M, Solid State Physics, my physics senior seminar, Knot Theory, Intro to German, and History of US Presidential Elections), studying for GREs, TAing, research, and grad school applications. Looking forward to graduating in the spring.
elfprince13 wrote:
I did more or less what I expected this summer (Plasma Physics), plus a fun whitewater rafting trip on the Kennebec River with some family members.
Fun stuff. Did you get any publications and/or good future research connections out of your work at Princeton?

Quote:
This semester I have a pretty hefty load, juggling 6 classes (E&M, Solid State Physics, my physics senior seminar, Knot Theory, Intro to German, and History of US Presidential Elections), studying for GREs, TAing, research, and grad school applications. Looking forward to graduating in the spring.
That's pretty substantial; best of luck with it! Any idea where you want to go and what you want to major in?
Knot Theory, you say? Well, if you need to draw any knots, don't forget about my Knot program:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4733 Smile
1) I had in mind to catch up on calc forum posts - failed
2) Going to plenty of music concerts - success
3) Finish working on dance music album compilation - failed (I a new metal album, though)
4) Work on The Reign of Legends 0 remake (and OST)failed

Part of my fails were due to being busier than usual or getting new ideas for music >.<
DJ_O wrote:
1) I had in mind to catch up on calc forum posts - failed
2) Going to plenty of music concerts - success
3) Finish working on dance music album compilation - failed (I a new metal album, though)
4) Work on The Reign of Legends 0 remake (and OST)failed

Part of my fails were due to being busier than usual or getting new ideas for music >.<
That seems like a reasonable replacement project for the above projects, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Summer to-do lists never do seem to quite work out, in my experience.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours