Hi!

Is there a way (a fast way) to print big characters (from Print and PrintXY) to any position on the screen? OK, I can print the text and then copy it pixel by pixel, but it looks very slow and unnecessary.

I discovered that the geometry plugin's menu items aren't at the standard positions, so there must be something which can do this.
Try using PrintCXY, aka syscall 0x0239, which I'm not sure is in libfxcg yet. If it is not, we can easily get IkariTari, Jonimus, or AHelper to add it. The syntax is:
Code:
void PrintCXY(int x, int y, unsigned char*cptr, int mode_flags, int P5, int color, int back_color, int P8, int P9 );

Here, x and y are pixel coordinates, cptr is a single character, mode_flags is just like for PrintXY, and the colors are the same as well. According to Simon's documentation, P5's usage is unknown; it should be set to -1 for now. P8 should be set to 1, and P9 to 0, but the function of those two is also unknown.
I think it is in libfxcg. But how can I call syscalls which aren't in libfxcg?
balping wrote:
I think it is in libfxcg. But how can I call syscalls which aren't in libfxcg?
The best option is to either tell IkariTari, Jonimus, or AHelper, or get the tools to recompile libfxcg yourself. Smile The less-best option is to use some inline assembly to call the particular system call.
I recompiled it myself, it works now. Some notices to the function:
    cptr doesn't have to be a single character, can be a character array.
    The input string doesn't have to start with 2 unused bytes.
    The colors aren't TEXT_COLOR_*, they are COLOR_*
balping wrote:
I recompiled it myself, it works now. Some notices to the function:
    cptr doesn't have to be a single character, can be a character array.
    The input string doesn't have to start with 2 unused bytes.
    The colors aren't TEXT_COLOR_*, they are COLOR_*
That's great! Out of curiosity, how do you feel about documenting this function (and any new functions that you run across) on WikiPrizm? PM me if you need an account.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours