jammasterz wrote:
Can you add me? JamMasterz
I have whitelisted you. Actually, I'm working on setting up a new creative survival world and protecting the old Worldv3 (now the Museum World) so that we can get this show on the road. I'll let you guys know when I remove the whitelist so that you can hop on.
Sweet! I'm always in for some creative Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, I'm working on setting up a new creative survival world and protecting the old Worldv3 (now the Museum World) so that we can get this show on the road. I'll let you guys know when I remove the whitelist so that you can hop on.

KermM & myself have split the cost of a dedicated server to run our two minecraft servers. KermM runs the traditional Bukkit server and I run a Tekkit server. Either server can be reached at http://mc.cemetech.net and at http://craft.comicidiot.com, the Tekkit server is located on port :25566, so be sure to add that port to the end of the URL in Tekkit.

Tekkit is whitelisted and you'll join Bukkit as a recruit, which have no build permissions. You can't build, but you can explore the Survival world, the Museum world with archives of impressive builds, and chat. I'll probably do the same thing to my tekkit server but Tekkit is much more processor heavy, so I prefer to keep that whitelisted to the active users.

The Web Page
I'm making a webpage when accessed via the web browser. Any ideas what we can use for a name? Since we share the server, Calling it Cemetech or comicIDIOT's Minecraft server wouldn't be fair. Perhaps a unique name rather than a combine name.

Bukkit
  1. No Griefing!
    • Cut down whole trees (including leaves!), replant them.
    • Don't clear entire beaches
  2. No stealing
  3. Build amazing things!
  4. No hacks, especially xray and fly hacks
Tekkit
As long as you don't use WorldAnchors or cause severe amounts of lag (one building is already lagging the town), you're cool.
Could y'all poke the permissions for me on mc.cemetech.net? I can't do anything around my house (Which is fairly close to the spawn. Kerm's seen it).
_player1537 wrote:
Could y'all poke the permissions for me on mc.cemetech.net? I can't do anything around my house (Which is fairly close to the spawn. Kerm's seen it).
Are you online atm? I shall promote you to Member. This goes for anyone who joins up on mc.cemetech.net and can't build/destroy, as long as you're someone I trust from here.
KermMartian wrote:
This goes for anyone who joins up on mc.cemetech.net and can't build/destroy, as long as you're someone I trust from here.

I would assume the same goes for my friends who join as well, right? Do they have to be online to promote them?
I'm getting a 'Refused Connection' for mc.cemetech.net...
turiqwalrus wrote:
I'm getting a 'Refused Connection' for mc.cemetech.net...
All fixed. Smile Hop on! There's something wonky with the 6am restart, I think.
Will there be a creative world added? Otherwise I will just host my own.
AHelper wrote:
At this point it's looking unlikely, although if enough people want it, I have no personal objection.
Like I said, I'd certainly be in on some creative server!

Most of my single-player minecraft is Creative mode, after all Wink
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
At this point it's looking unlikely, although if enough people want it, I have no personal objection.
Tari wrote:
I think a creative server would best fit the general theme of Cemetech
AHelper wrote:
I would say a creative server (redpower2 ) would be a good option.
rcfreak0 wrote:
I would go with redpower (whichever is updated), creative ( not superflat!), MinecartMania Reborn ( I used to run the original minecart mania, and it added some cool farms, would be useful also for your rails Kerm) and whatever else you seem fit to run.
Tom wrote:
For the Cemetech server a bukkit server with just a creative world (NOT FLATLAND) would be nice.
turiqwalrus wrote:
And Kerm, I'd be up for playing in a creative server
I thought they meant a creative survival world, as I was proposing the options of creativity vs. PvP.
Edit the topic to be a poll for creative or survival or survival no pvp?
KermMartian wrote:
I thought they meant a creative survival world, as I was proposing the options of creativity vs. PvP.

I'm perfectly fine with creative survival as well, though. It's just that I tend to work a bit better when I have tons of resources(who doesn't?)
I feel a purely creative world would diminish the aspect of Minecraft. Creative Survival would be awesome, which is what we run. I believe.

Besides, what's better about building online than offline? You won't get terminally upset that someone built to close or griefed part of your structure to accommodate theirs.

Pherhaps you could build offline, then once it's completed you can host a server with world edit, copy the shceamatic and it can be added to a Cemetech Creative Museum/Display world...?
You can use a bukkit plugin to give yourself protected chunks.

The builders of the hunger games worlds probably used creative and other mods to get their work done. And the amazing outcome surely isn't hurting minecraft, rather the opposite.
Also, I'd like white-listing on the tekkit server, please Wink
Added.

AHelper wrote:
The builders of the hunger games worlds probably used creative and other mods to get their work done. And the amazing outcome surely isn't hurting minecraft, rather the opposite.

It certainly doesn't but each game type is a niche. We don't have anywhere near the coordination or workforce to build such things, I feel it'd be a haphazard display of giant wool pigs and uninteresting skyscrapers than anything remotely awesome.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Added.

AHelper wrote:

It certainly doesn't but each game type is a niche. We don't have anywhere near the coordination or workforce to build such things, I feel it'd be a haphazard display of giant wool pigs and uninteresting skyscrapers than anything remotely awesome.
That's my feeling as well, plus that I think survival creative makes people think more carefully about their use of materials in creating attractive structures.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours