» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
This looks amazing!

Quote:
Plugins: Need Fe, Vault, Groupmanager, SignShops, Towny, and WorldGuard for 1.7.

No Hawkeye?
shkaboinka wrote:
You broke the mushroom!
I can //regen that area, no big deal. At least his TNT didn't fall into the rail interchange room below that Razz. Merth, I'm glad you're enjoying learning more about Minecraft. You should try redstone!

Comic: Definitely need Hawkeye. I would love your co-admin help with some of this if you have the time an inclination. Smile
There are plenty of mushrooms around there--you should keep it. One day, someone will stumble upon the giant crater and start coming up with stories of an angry nuclear God in the days before men Wink
I can suggest prism again as well we are using it on RCfreak0's MC server and once configured right (which is relatively easy just some quick YAML) it works like a charm and logs pretty much everything...well everything you tell it to ^^
I made a mess of things:
I really need to chain you up in your own private world. Razz I'll get on after I make some lunch and clean it up.
At least it didn't become some texture like pink polka dots
We almost have a path from spawn to the ground now:

I have extended that same wooden walkway some more, and started the other end of it from the wooden train platform, and they ALMOST meet (I posted signs to show what to connect to where, if anyone wants a go at it).

I've been trying to make the walk-way follow/use the landscape as much as possible, and I'd like to see more of it branch off into different paths so we get a good coverage of different sides of the spawn landscape at varying heights Smile
We should add this mod so that we have more animals! Like guinea pigs!

Edit: Actually, it adds a lot of stupid things, too. I just want more animals.

Edit again: Like this one Smile
shkaboinka wrote:
We almost have a path from spawn to the ground now:

I have extended that same wooden walkway some more, and started the other end of it from the wooden train platform, and they ALMOST meet (I posted signs to show what to connect to where, if anyone wants a go at it).

I've been trying to make the walk-way follow/use the landscape as much as possible, and I'd like to see more of it branch off into different paths so we get a good coverage of different sides of the spawn landscape at varying heights Smile
That is a great idea! I am thinking of removing that rail anyway, since we already have that nice elevator/stairs to the terminal, so perhaps that wooden platform could instead be the official (one of the official?) start(s) of your path. Keep up the excellent work. Smile

Last night after an interview and meeting and other important stuff, I created the WorldGuard regions for the North-South and East-West rail branches, as well as the spawn area. Abrum helped finish the first East Branch station, and I started the second. CharlesSprinkle designed the beacons to demarcate the edges of spawn, and I copy-pasted them into place along the edges. The spawn is exactly 200x300 now, by the way. Anyway, everything continues to progress nicely, and I am still hopeful about opening on or before Christmas.
It's worth noting that my walkway is a lot more scenic than it is direct. If we want a direct walkway down to the train station, I suggest also having a more direct path, which I think should still follow the landscape (e.g. use switch-backs, but make the stairs steep instead of shallow).

I like the idea of having an elevator -- or even a (more or less) directly-downward spiral of stairs -- to get the train station. However, I'm indifferent as to how direct of a path there is from the ground to the station or to the top.

One other thing: I think it would be nice to also develop some features along the walk-way other than the walk-way itself. That would provide a bit more reason to follow it to all the different parts of the landscape around the spawn. For example, how about some sort of building(s)/plazas within some of the (larger) cavities in the vertical landscape? Or perhaps expand the look of the spawn area to different levels, but in smaller doses (e.g. some floating island half-way down that the walkway goes by could still be mostly grass/etc., but pave a bit of it and maybe put a fountain or sculpture or benches ... like a park?)
I'm still down to make the ZomPie Cafe. Razz
I've extended the board walk a bit, and connected up some disconnected areas. I think, though, that we should keep the rails leading to the station from that building, because they are fun and cool.
What about having just one really long slightly downward-sloping path that goes straight out from the top-level far out until it reaches ground level outside of spawn? We could try to aim it through some gorges and over/near landforms that come to about the same height, and inevitably it would have to tunnel through some things. It would be like a long staircase into the Tibetan mountains, and the directness of it would be balanced by how far one would have to walk to get across.

Perhaps have it start to dip underground before it leaves the top of spawn. And I suppose it could have a FEW corners in it, so long as each segment is a very long straight path that descends at a constant rate.
shkaboinka wrote:
I like the idea of having an elevator -- or even a (more or less) directly-downward spiral of stairs -- to get the train station. However, I'm indifferent as to how direct of a path there is from the ground to the station or to the top.
Already exists; it's right near the main fountain. Smile That's why I figure people who want to get to the train station wouldn't wind down the LTWTTF stairs and then take a cart to the station from there.[/quote]

Quote:
One other thing: I think it would be nice to also develop some features along the walk-way other than the walk-way itself...
And it look like this is progressing very nicely! Congratulations and nice work to Shkaboinka, Merthsoft, and whoever else was working on this.

Some things I finished quickly tonight:
- Set up switching for all three stations (Penobscot, Chinle, and Boysen) along the southern rail branch.
- With LuxenD's help, completed an exit from the Boysen Terminal at the southernmost point in the rail system.
- Created a "trophy" room of sorts in a mountain along the boardwalk to store the two prototype spawn border markers, then removed the four or five prototypes from the top.
- Did some cleanup: Removed the beacon as well as the USS CIIC, after schematizing it. Modified the LTWTTF stairs slightly to look more like the other stairs and buildings, and opened up a hatch for the water drop.
KermMartian wrote:
shkaboinka wrote:
Already exists; it's right near the main fountain. Smile That's why I figure people who want to get to the train station wouldn't wind down the LTWTTF stairs and then take a cart to the station from there.
[/quote]

What about making an actual elevator that gets you to various floors, like from ground <--> station <--> spawn?
Mechanical plus water drop, mechanical in both directions, or stairs and water drop? What did you have in mind?
we should so definitely also make a statue of Cemetech members along the four end station, each gazing in the direction of the spawn.

when i got on the server yesterday, i couldn't believe how much work had been done; if Kerm hadn't given me something to do, i would have just been flying around looking at everything. the detail is a little beyond my skills, too, i don't think i would ever have been able to complete as much as 1/4 of one of you guys.

a mechanical+water drop sounds nice, in regards to the elevator idea. running up stairs can take a while, so a mechanical structure would go nice there, where heading down is fastest with falling.
LuxenD wrote:
the detail is a little beyond my skills, too, i don't think i would ever have been able to complete as much as 1/4 of one of you guys.
Heh, don't worry, my skills are very unhoned, so I'm just following some patterns Smile
LuxenD wrote:
if Kerm hadn't given me something to do

Speaking of which, if I could get some task to perform, seeing as the times that I tend to be on rarely coincide with anyone else's, and I don't feel confident enough yet working with that particular building style in a large scale. ^^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours