Wow, when I see all that big collections some people have....
That's just veeeery much.

My collection is very small and I don't plan on getting much more. I only had 1 calculator until 10 Februari 2020 and that one was to use for school. But the programming stuff you can do for it is actually fun. This calculator flamed up my programming interests.
But the one I have is a:
TI-84 Plus CE-T Python Edition

EDIT:
hmmm... I once said that I didn't plan on getting much more calculators...
I have doubled my calculator collection!
I now also have a: TI-nspire CAS

I have some ancient calcs, like the casio fx-451.
The calculators that I have include:
- Two TI-84 Plus Silver Editions
- TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- TI-84 Plus CE

But counting the other people in RoccoLox Programs:
(these include mine)
- Four TI-84 Plus Silver Editions
- One TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- Two TI-84 Plus CEs
- One TI-83 Plus
- One TI-83
- One TI-86
- One Casio FX-CG50
I posted earlier about a new calculator I found, a Bohsei 140SS. I haven’t been able to find a manual for it and I’m confused about one of the keyboard switches. It’s listed as Sigma (sum) which is either on or off. I tried everything I can think of as to how to use it, but nothing I tried is any different than using just the plain + key. Below is a link that shows a picture of the calculator. The Sigma switch is at the upper right just to the left of the On switch. Any suggestions on how the switch works when On is appreciated.

http://www.vintagecalculators.com/Bohsei140_1.jpg
I was finally able to get all my calculators in one place again! Got a new TI-89 and added its details to my list of TI graphing calculators over on MyCalcs.

From left to right: TI-2550 | TI-89 | TI-84 Plus CE Rev pre-A | TI-84 Plus CE Rev M | TI-84 Plus CE Prototype (red) | HP Prime G2
I've been meaning to do this for a while but just got around to it today. Here's my current collection:

The block on the left is prototypes and marketing samples, on the right is various HW and rom versions along with some TI-nspire keypads and a few non-TI calcs.
In the boxes, there are 66 TI-82s, 10 TI-81s, 6 TI-80s and 20 TI-83 +'s from teacher sets in various conditions ranging from broken to brand new.
While putting them away, I noticed I forgot a small box, which contained some viewscreens. I didn't want to set everything up for a new picture so here are the contents of that box:

I've still got a handful of calcs in other locations but this is the bulk of it.
There's details about most of these on my MyCalcs profile.
I recently found a HP-28S which brings my total calculator count up to 5% of Womps Laughing

(left to right)
Top row: TI-84 Plus CE Rev Pre-A, TI-84 Plus CE Rev M, TI-84 Plus CE Marketing Sample, HP Prime G2.
Bottom row: TI-89 Rev F, TI-2550, HP 28S.
Time for a family photo Evil or Very Mad

It has been over seven years since I last posted my calculator collection here. In October 2013, I had 92 calculators, and had a plan to deaccession about 14 unfixeable/only-good-for-parts calculators from my collection to get down to about 78. I finally had the opportunity to re-catalog my collection and update my calculator inventory spreadsheet, and I'm quite surprised to discovery that I'm sitting on 127 calculators, many of which work and a fair few of which need ribbon cable repair or are missing columns (or more rarely, rows) in the LCD. As expected, the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition are the categories that have grown the most since 2013, although I also have a lot more Casios (thanks Merthsoft and tifreak8x!), more/better TI-85s and TI-86s, more TI-84 Pluses (including the Orbit calculator for the vision impaired, which I intend to donate soon), more of the and more of the translucent "fruit" colored TI-83 Pluses.

No puppy this time, sorry, although one of the outtakes contains a cat.

KermMartian wrote:
It has been over seven years since I last posted my calculator collection here. In October 2013, I had 92 calculators, and had a plan to deaccession about 14 unfixeable/only-good-for-parts calculators from my collection to get down to about 78. I finally had the opportunity to re-catalog my collection and update my calculator inventory spreadsheet, and I'm quite surprised to discovery that I'm sitting on 127 calculators, many of which work and a fair few of which need ribbon cable repair or are missing columns (or more rarely, rows) in the LCD. As expected, the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition are the categories that have grown the most since 2013, although I also have a lot more Casios (thanks Merthsoft and tifreak8x!), more/better TI-85s and TI-86s, more TI-84 Pluses (including the Orbit calculator for the vision impaired, which I intend to donate soon), more of the and more of the translucent "fruit" colored TI-83 Pluses.

No puppy this time, sorry, although one of the outtakes contains a cat.

So you have an HP Prime proto huh Evil or Very Mad
Also, you should head over to calcs.tiplanet.org and create a profile! Razz
Nice collection, yes!
I should take a pic like that once I gather everything...

And I agree you should create a profile on MyCalcs Wink
So, up until recently, I only had a TI-84+CE and an 83PEP, but since then I've bought several calculators online. I've been waiting for the Numworks I won from the TI-Planet contest to ship to post here, and that finally arrived today.

All of these are currently functional, which is rather surprising as half of them were bought used online. However, one of the TI-86's which I misread as being a TI-89 when I bought it, whoops has a few blank rows, and the TI-92 wouldn't turn on until I cleaned out the corrosion from a battery leak. The Nspire is also missing its battery - I feel rather cheated here as the shopgoodwill preview image showed it turned on with no external power connected, which implies that the battery was included.

My MyCalcs profile.
Can somebody explain me the difference between
a TI84+ CE and a TI84+ CE-T
The CE-T is a Europe-only model that's the same but with a PTT LED (that blinks when in press-to-test mode).
Oddly enough, the 84+CE, targeting Northern America, has no blinking LED for exam testing mode, unlike the 84+CE-T, mostly targeting Europe. No clue why there are two different models instead of providing just one model with a LED...

For completeness, let's mention the other models in the family:
* the 83 Premium Color Edition ("83PCE") is the French version with French labels on the keys (and slightly different key layout), an exact math engine and an exam mode LED; it usually costs less than the international models, despite providing better capabilities.
* the aforementioned models have newer "Python Edition" / "Edition Python" variants, which embed a weak ARM chip with a low amount of RAM, which runs a crippled fork of MicroPython;
* TI recently announced a 82 Advanced Edition Python ("82AEP"), essentially a possibly slightly reduced, and cheaper, 83PCEEP, also with an exam mode LED.
Ah, for european countries and press-to-test-LED. Wink

EDIT:@Lionel Debroux: It`s really confusing why TI don`t made only ONE version with TTP LED.
I know about french version and Phton edition.
I suspect the reason they make 2 different versions is literally just the cost of the LED circuit itself.

I should post a pic of my growing collection at some point. In the meantime, I can just list them off. I currently have a TI-81, TI-82, TI-83+, Ti-84+, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CE and TI-92+.

The TI-82 was 2nd graphing calculator ever (after a TI-81 that was stolen out of my locker in HS). I bought it right after it came out in 1993 and it's worked ever since. Unfortunately I let it go too long without replacing the batteries and it lost all of it's contents back around 1995 or so.

The only other one in the list that wasn't bought 2nd hand is the TI-84+ CE, which I was able to pick up new at a store while on vacation for $70. All of the others have been picked up at thrift stores and online.

Back when the 81 and 82 were the only calculators I had, I wrote a lot of TI-BASIC games in my free time. Unfortunately most of these are lost (see above where I let the batteries die). But I do have a few that I somehow managed to save by either writing them down in a notebook or connecting to one of the school computers with their link cables and printing them out. I plan to type these in again at some point and perhaps upload them somewhere. But of course that takes time to do... Smile
Since my collection is actually starting to grow now (and isn't just 2 calcs) I thought I'd take a picture and post it to this thread. For more info, I have everything on tiplanet mycalcs.

The collection grows! I mainly use the TI-89T, love the CAS, programming options, and overall interface.
I think next I’ll get an HP prime as a replacement for it, PPL looks amazing. Thoughts?

(By the way, the school property 30XSMV isn’t stolen, it was from when my school was discarding them as a gift from my teacher Razz )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours