That's a lot of TI-82s.
elfprince13 wrote:
That's a lot of TI-82s.

It's not enough. There is never enough. One must become TI-82.

Kind of custom Calculator i thought looked pretty cool.

Here's a pretty small portion of my collection. I might at some other time to be bothered pulling all of them down but there's just way too many.
dracor189 wrote:
Kind of custom Calculator i thought looked pretty cool.
Are those TI-73 keys in that TI-83 Plus? If so, very nice!

dracor189 wrote:
Here's a pretty small portion of my collection. I might at some other time to be bothered pulling all of them down but there's just way too many.
Wow, that's a lot of TI-83 Pluses. Do they all work? How many total calculators do you think you have?
Haha good eye, Yes that's exactly what that is. And all of the ti-83 pluses are in fully functional condition. I'll go right now and get a head count of my calculators.. looks like i have somewhere in the vicinity of 200 calculators ranging from HP to TI. about 150/200 are in operational condition at the moment.

EDIT:

Here is a picture of about half my collection together. Ran out of floor space so i couldn't really add anymore in.

That's a ton of calculators! When did you start collecting them and how much do you think you've spent on your collection so far?
I started collecting them about a year ago, I have some rarer vintage hp calculators which I like much better due to the only possible way for failure to occur with them is by electric shock or corrosion. But because of the way newer calculators are built it's only a matter of time whether 10 years or 50 years before they fail completely, Where as the vintage Hp's And Ti's Will last forever. And as far as pricing goes. i would rather keep that confidential.. If my wife somehow ever found out i would be in the dog house for sure. Haha.
So, serious question.

I know we all have things we like to collect but what is it with calculators? Especially the same ones. For instance, I collect movies but I don't go and buy different versions of the same movie: Theatrical, Extended, Directors Cut, etc etc. But with calculators? I understand there are different OS versions (such as what CVSoft seems to be going after), but I'm estimating roughly 77 copies of the same calculator. What's your rationale with so many calculators?
...That's a freakin' army! Wow!
Yeah, and I second comic's question.
The difference being is the serial numbers and OS Varients. These may all appear to be the same calculator but there are many Revisions such as A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I , K, L, for the ti-83+ models. and the os run from 1.03, 1.1, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14 etc. And once a calculator is on a certain firmware it cant be downgraded. So when you calculate the variations there are almost an exponential amount of calculators to collect. These revisions range from motherboard changes, IC changes, Different lcd's, Different types of manufacturing processes for the pcb boards. While there also may be many duplicates here Over time i am able to sell off a few at a time to purchase other calculators that i am looking for my collection.
Holy crap! I counted about 118 calculators in that picture, and you say that's only half?!? That means you have roughly 236 calculators. And that's a lot of money...

But seriously, what's the point in collecting all those calculators just based on those [~little] changes? That doesn't seem like it would have much of a visible change in the usage of the calculator. Unless you were wanting them to use the different parts for something else...
The main idea behind all of it is simple for me. I buy fix and resell them. So in a way i can show my appreciation towards calculators for providing me with income by collecting something that to me in some way portrays a sort of art. My having a complete collection of OS and Revisions I guess i get a sense of accomplishment by also doing what may be the first of anyone ever.
So now for the real question: Who has more calcs, you or BrandonW?
Well i haven't met him yet but i would love to see what he has!
People have more than me in sheer numbers, but I think I am the only person to have every distinctly-named model from every part of the world.

I am waiting until the Chinese Nspires I ordered arrive before taking another picture, but the collection has grown quite a bit since the last time I took pictures (and posted in this thread).

A list of unowned calculators and accessories is at: http://pastebin.com/0Q6wnxV0

I will slowly accumulate the color variations (and any prototypes/engineering samples that come my way), but other than that, I'm done.
Thought I'd also get a non-titanium TI-89 to keep company to my trusty TI-92 Plus...

Update on my collection:

Notes:
- The 3 transparent ones were not physically there, so I photoshopped them in...
- I meant CM-C* in the top left
- I think I'm missing one TI-Nspire non-CAS clickpad, as well, not sure where I put it...
Adriweb wrote:
Update on my collection:

Notes:
- The 3 transparent ones were not physically there, so I photoshopped them in...
- I think I'm missing one TI-Nspire non-CAS clickpad, as well, not sure where I put it...

hmmmm, I've never seen/heard of a white ti-82 before, whats up with that? It almost looks like a monochrome ti-84 plus CE (that is of course, very snazzy) Razz
mr womp womp wrote:
hmmmm, I've never seen/heard of a white ti-82 before, whats up with that? It almost looks like a monochrome ti-84 plus CE (that is of course, very snazzy) Razz

It's TI-France's short-lived TI-82 Plus, which is, inside, a TI-83 Plus. It got superseded by the TI-82 Advanced since they needed a lower-end model compatible with the 2018+ french exams requiring an LED (and the 82A is a restricted 84+, but has an I/O port they were able to repurposes into a LED)
Adriweb wrote:
Update on my collection:

Notes:

TIL that TI made an Nspire ViewScreen, and a deck of cards...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours