Hi there!
I decided that im finally going to start with electronics, and i thought i'd ask you about any tips what to start with, what kit to buy, and some overall information about it.
jammasterz wrote:
Hi there!
I decided that im finally going to start with electronics, and i thought i'd ask you about any tips what to start with, what kit to buy, and some overall information about it.
Great to hear! What sort of electronics are you interested in, digital, analog, or just general skills? What sort of background do you have, if any? What kind of budget for parts are you looking at?
KermMartian wrote:
jammasterz wrote:
Hi there!
Great to hear! What sort of electronics are you interested in, digital, analog, or just general skills? What sort of background do you have, if any? What kind of budget for parts are you looking at?

What sort? Are there sorts? I think its the electronics itself. My dream is to build some electronic circut and then program it to do cool things for me. It doesn't matter if its analog, or digital( but i think i like this one the best). I have to background what so ever, and the money isn't really a problem.
Analog circuits are circuits that deal with varying voltages, for example things like dimmers, audio circuits, and much much more. Digital circuits are more what we're used to from programming, where wires can carry a voltage / logical '1' or no voltage / logical '0'. You can create logic circuits out of simple AND, OR, XOR, etc gates, 555 timers, and the like, or you can program PLDs or microcontrollers. At the far end of removing most of the electrical engineering portion of the equation, there are platforms like the Arduino.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours