I'm worth nothing!
Yay, $64 (and an introverted verbose veteran)
Ashbad wrote:
How do you guys have so many contacts? I only have 30 and I thought that was a decent number. Are they mostly from work, friends, other things? I have about 5 that are friends, 4 from work, rest from other things like EqD staff, things from my church, etc.

750 contacts over 7.5 years of friends/acquaintances, family, classmates, professors, and professional correspondence.

I'm at nearly twice (1300) that on Facebook, which I've had for about a year less time.
https://gmail-value.backupify.com/worths/xbr93jaqjk

Just barely edging a couple people out at $2,877. Valuable, old-school, and.. typical? Hmm.

I have a hard time believing that my email is worth that much, but it's a fun exercise.
Mine was like 400. Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I guess not emailing anyone.
https://gmail-value.backupify.com/worths/p9ltme4ou3

I got $1,595.83, surprised it was so low because I thought my Gmail storage (1 GB) was pretty high.
Ashbad wrote:
How do you guys have so many contacts? I only have 30 and I thought that was a decent number. Are they mostly from work, friends, other things? I have about 5 that are friends, 4 from work, rest from other things like EqD staff, things from my church, etc.

In 2005, I received a crapload of e-mails asking me how to install Reuben Quest, XXR and Zelda: Dark Link Quest, even though all they asked was already answered in the readmes, along with other random e-mails from various community members. For odd reasons, anyone I replied to got added to my contact by default.
elfprince13 wrote:
lafferjm wrote:

Did you visit Rome, way back there in 0011?
No?
He means your results say
Quote:
Your account
Created On: April 6th, 0011
because you entered 4/6/11 instead of 4/6/2011 (cf. http://cemete.ch/p187061), and your score would probably be different if they knew you'd been using Gmail for one year instead of two thousand and one Wink

EDIT: Nope, scratch that. The date makes no difference.
Ashbad wrote:

According to Kllrnohj "Everyone you've emailed or chatted with ends up as a contact". I've emailed a lot more than 50 different people since setting up my mailbox, but most of those aren't worth bothering cluttering up my address book with. The same goes for Facebook; I try to keep that down to friends and family.
apparently i'm worth $0.64
/me is doubtful
This guy could feed a country with his gmail Smile
I don't think Google's Storage Options (even paid) gets up to the range he's in, 954 TB (just shy of a Petabyte if I recall).

New Plan: 16 TB - $799.99 a Month
Old Plan: 16 TB - $4096 a Year.
seana11 wrote:
I'm worth nothing!
Tell me something I don't know. Rolling Eyes I'm glad to see that a lot of other people are making the same year-entry result for me; that's a bit sloppy of their code to not be defensive about that. I agree that their calculation algorithm is flawed, as it doesn't account for the time spent reading and organizing and checking emails. Not to mention that it doesn't account for attachments.
My personal account: $2.64
My personal ticalc.org inbox: $54.27
ticalc.org's main inbox: $0.00 (Just because we have no monetary income Razz Apparently it's almost all based on your yearly income and hardly anything else.)

But yeah, the app is poorly coded. It incorrectly interprets storage values as MB when Google reports them in GB (have they even looked at the GMail UI?), and I see a lack of copyediting in the help balloons. The date parsing, though, is inexcusable. If they can't get any of that right, I don't see how I could trust them enough to be their customer with their backup service or whatever it is they're selling. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
I'm glad to see that a lot of other people are making the same year-entry result for me; that's a bit sloppy of their code to not be defensive about that.

I used the calendar icon to mark the start date as the day before and manually changed it to the day I started using GMail so I did get the date right. It's just a habit I've picked up from using fussy school and work web calendars (since they're never as well coded as some public offerings).

As for attachments, doesn't the used storage in your inbox include attachments? Unless, you are referring to number of attachments sent & received. In that case I'd have a bit. I remember using GMail as my "MP3" player in class because it's web interface could play songs. Hahahahahaha, I'd just e-mail MP3's to myself.
Used storage does indeed include attachments sent and received, and they're dividing total storage used by number of messages to calculate average message size. I believe that that's flawed, but as Travis aptly pointed out, there are plenty of flaws here.
lol mine is worth $0.34
parserp wrote:
0x5 mine is worth $0.34
You must either use it very infrequently or have an extremely low-paying job...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours