Compynerd255 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Started a doodle two days ago, put another hour for finishing frame today.

An experimentation with glitch art, and more abstract ideas. Called it "When I'm 64" after The Beatles' song -- there's a purpose behind that, but that's up for others to figure out, and up for me to laugh at incorrect artistic analysis. Smile

I think it's "When I'm 64x64" as opposed to 32x32. Because the dude is doubling in resolution in the second frame.

Well, to be fair, it's 80x80 to 40x40; but the half resolution frame is entirely intended Smile
Ashbad wrote:
Any others interested? Any admin/mod opinions?

EDIT: meh, then I guess not enough people care about the idea; I'll drop the idea then.
I never even saw the suggestion in the first place. I would have very much been in favor of a pixel art contest. Perhaps after Cemetech Contest 9 concludes?
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Any others interested? Any admin/mod opinions?

EDIT: meh, then I guess not enough people care about the idea; I'll drop the idea then.
I never even saw the suggestion in the first place. I would have very much been in favor of a pixel art contest. Perhaps after Cemetech Contest 9 concludes?

I could go with that Smile Who would be judging?
I really like this idea, but if it was going to happen, I think there should be 2 disciplines.

Best PIxel Art In A Program
Best Computer Generated Pixel Art

Any thoughts here?
Quote:
Best Computer Generated Pixel Art

I fail to see how that would really be artistic at all; that would be great for a demoscene contest, but definitely not for something like this. On the other hand,

ElectronicsGeek wrote:
Best PIxel Art In A Program

I like this idea, though I'm worried that people will spend more time writing the program than actually drawing.
I just thought if it was done that way, you could make the competition appeal to both artists and programmers. Another idea could be a pixel art tool competition, and it could be for all platforms (8x+, Prizm, PC, ect.).
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
I just thought if it was done that way, you could make the competition appeal to both artists and programmers. Another idea could be a pixel art tool competition, and it could be for all platforms (8x+, Prizm, PC, ect.).

But coding a "pixel art tool" (Pixel pushing tool) isn't the same as actually producing a piece of pixel art...
Quote:

I fail to see how that would really be artistic at all; that would be great for a demoscene contest, but definitely not for something like this.

Yeah, I think you're right there, a stimulus would be necessary for people to create art. The pixel art tool doesn't really link either, still, it was only an idea.
Boredom, combined with a color screen calc that has decent TI-BASIC graphics speed gave this:

Of course that isn't a tilemap, but I thought I would share anyway since it only takes 5 seconds to generate (thanks to the BackgroundOn command). Here are the Link sprites:

Some xLIB-like mockups for various old calculator games I made:

The Reign of Legends 3 CSE

Illusiat 6 CSE or Nemesiat CSE idea (this one uses many recycled and re-colored RPG Maker 2003 tiles)
(Maps would be much larger in size with such large tiles that takes 4 squares, though)

Unnamed project idea (most likely Terranigma II, Terranigma CSE, Soul Blazer IV, Soul Blazer CSE, Nemesiat II, Illusiat Rebirth or Illusiat XIV)
Those all look great, DJ_O! Thanks for sharing them, and I hope a few of them turn into real games some day soon.
Some of this is a bit old, but I don't think I posted them here:

The following walrus sprites are based on the original, but not modified by me.

The enemies in that last one are not drawn by me. They are from various Square-Enix games. I converted them from color to three-level grayscale in 2004-05, then over a year ago I re-colored them from scratch.
Those walruses are adorable.
I must agree, especially the illuminati walrus unicorn one Wink

I may, or may not have made that... Razz
Here's two mockups I did of a Bejeweled game on the 84+, not sure which I like best. May or may not turn into actual code, so don't get your hopes up (or down, depending Razz ).

And just for kicks, some color, just in case they get to making a color calculator that supports all possible colors AND is the same resolution as the TI-84+ screen Razz

I was bored:

https://img.ourl.ca/metroid2ecolor-1.png

Roguelike?
ldstudios wrote:
Roguelike?

As always your fabulous art continues to amaze me, good job and keep up the great work!

Caffeine

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours